New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i read somewhere that the bedliners that came in "free" with pickups aren't really helpful at all...they scratch the paint and thus...potential rust...buwisit! yung canopy ko may tulo...di malaman kung sa canopy ba or dahil sa may bedliner......well, are spray on bedliners really worth it??? i asked at ride...10k for the spry on...WAHT!!!! 10k for the spray on??? mind boggling...opinions please...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The spray-in bedliner of my brother's Nissan frontier comes in free when he bought it. My Strada also has a drop-in type as OEM. IMHO they do help minimize paint damage to the bed. I would advise the spray-in type over the drop-in since you can control the thickness (the thicker the better). Also drop-ins tend to pool water underneath them which may form rust. I had the underneath of my drop-in rustproofed at Tuff-Kote just to be safe.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    may tulo canopy mo? antibiotic lang yan. next time lagyan mo na ng saplot para maiwasan magkatulo.

mahal talaga bedliner

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    rod,
    oo nga noh!!! hehe buwisit nga eh...ewan ko nga kung ano na gagawin ko dun! anyway...
    sir roydok,

thanks for the suggestion. Oo nga noh! why not rust proffing na lang...kaso...wouldnt that cost the same for the spray on? which is more durable?? spray on or rust proof coupled with bedliner..?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a first hand opinion on these bedliners....My service frontier from a previous company was the one installed by Ride (Speedliner brand)...originally I was bias over Rhino linings spray on kaso speedliner came in free so I had no choice.

About a year later, I met another pickup owner with Rhino linings spray on....guess what, he was not satisfied with it kasi the rubbery spray on of rhino tends to scratch off pag nalagyan mo na very aggressive cargo (like merong proturding metal). Whereas my speedliner was A. OK with those cases of load.

Bottom line, i was happy with it. In fact, I'm a return customer...ng lumipat ako ng ibang company ang i was issued with another pick-up, i requested for a "free" install of speedliner from the casa.

PS. All dealers will give it to you free IF YOU ASK....they don't offer it immediately BTW (loko rin!)

I don't have first hand info on drop in (plastic) bedlinners...I heard they are as bad as no bedlinners at all, kasi the dust and rust gets in between and kung hindi mo it ru-rust proofing e masisira lang ang bed from the inside (which you don't see until its too late).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bro jed,
    talagang ganyan ang bed ng pickupm built to be scratch!
    yung sa akin nilagyan ko lang ng goma! kaya walang tulo?

yung matting! madali lang alisin para linisin ang bed,

to check on your canopy hose down your canopy and let someone get inside the your canopy to find the leak

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i also have a bedliner and canopy, every six months i take them out and clean the bed. in my experience i like the bedliner better than spray on since i carry heavy cargo (engine blocks of trucks) and the bedliner protects the bed floor. most spray on liners damages the bed floor especially if you slide your heavy cargo and if you bang them. also when you carry fuel they tend to soften over time. best way is to put a thin bedliner stuff (wurth has this products that we use around 1k per quart use two quarts) and put on a bedliner. and spray on if not applied properly have air pockets underneath that were rust starts. so the same lang sila rust will still be there its how often you maintain it.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Originally posted by wildthing
    I have a first hand opinion on these bedliners....My service frontier from a previous company was the one installed by Ride (Speedliner brand)...originally I was bias over Rhino linings spray on kaso speedliner came in free so I had no choice.

About a year later, I met another pickup owner with Rhino linings spray on....guess what, he was not satisfied with it kasi the rubbery spray on of rhino tends to scratch off pag nalagyan mo na very aggressive cargo (like merong proturding metal). Whereas my speedliner was A. OK with those cases of load.
    How is Speedliner installed?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hmmm...

ARB,

DIY ba yung paglinis mo? diba mabigat ang canopy? buti sana kung bedliner lang ang prob...

Sir Kimps!
    actually baka patanggal ko na lang nga yung bedliners pero sayang....ewan ko talaga! kasing mahal lang din ba ng rust proofing ang spray on? baka mag matting na muna ako pansamantala...bili na lang ng anti slip matting.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    isketi - Speedliner is a brand of spray on liners
    parang paint sya binubuga sa p-up bed
    dami brands available nasasainyo po yon kung anong brand ang ok sa inyo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
bedliners, bedliners, bedliners...