New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm doing this as a favor to a client. We've already checked the fuel system and even found out that it was below the specs. so we calibrated it.

yung braking, squeaky fan belts and late acceleration has been a nagging problem for this client of ours. he has gone back to the casa for countless times and still no remedy to the problems. In fact the squeaky fan belt came out after the casa did something on the engine that was not supposed to be done.

He's asking me to ask a few friends who has the same vehicle for opinions and or comments which might be useful for him.

Doc Diesel

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Base from my experience, brake shudder occurs on drum brakes when the upper part is thinner than the lower parts. Only solution is to change them or re-bond the pads. If the rears are on disc, culpirt would have to be the front discs, overheating could cause little warpage tht tend to shake the whole vehicle.

Baka po in-adjust ng casa yung belts, either too tight or too loose for the belt to get some grip on the pulleys. Try using ribbed belts or some belt grip type adhesives.

HTH :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    carnival 2000 matic, no to items 1 &2,#3 should be expectd, i guess, with a heavy, matic diesel van. solved mine by replacing air filter w/ k&n.it now accelerates like a gas-powered,manual sedan

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Brake shudder can also occur if your rotors are warped. And it being a Kia, medyo madali mag-warp ang rotors niyan. I warped mine in a year.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wulf,

post ka naman ng pic ng kia mong na naka K&N

Ijd180

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Late acceleration baka naman barado lang ang ..........mental block! argh! yung tip ni kupaloids arghhh!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IJD180

sori ha, dont know how e. pano ba?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    2003 Sedona LS manual, 2 months pa lang pero after reading yung problem ng client ni doc diesel, worried na ako. So far, minor problems pa lang ang experience ko, like misaligned arm rest, defective ash tray cover, weak foot brake.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi altec.

come to think of it, my foot brake was also weak when i first got the unit from the factory... mahina yung kapit pag downhill yung parada ko. had it adjusted at the casa during my first PMS, and its been all right ever since.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mikey, ok na ang foot brake ko, so with the others I mentioned. So far, the only other thing I am not satisfied with is the wipers. Parang luma, it leaves a film for a second or two if you set it at intermittent before it disappears. The problem is if continuous ang wipers, continuous din ang film. Don't notice that with my other cars epecially kung bagong palit. Ganun ba talaga? What the casa did was to tighten it daw, whatever it meant. Pero ganun pa rin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Attn: Sedona Owners