New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,

nagpa schedule ako ng PMS for my trooper sa isuzu and they told me na mga 9k+ 8O daw ang gagastusin ko for the PMS. What can i do to save somehow? can i bring my own oil? or filter? suggestion naman please.

Of course the most important of all the warranty would not be void.

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thats the cost of owning a trooper. grabe nga e...mas mahal pa kesa sa PMS ng patrol 8O
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    9k!!!! 8O Ano kasama doon sa presyong yon?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    8O what!!! anong kasama doon sa PMS????

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Which Isuzu dealer did you contact? The expensive service is every 20k km so nothing special at 10k km- ask them what they're changing.
    You can change the oil and filters, using Petron's all terrain synth oil and OEM filters, then bring it in for service- specify not to change the oil/ filters. Worked for me and even got warranty repair on my throttle body.8)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the basic parin but this time may kasama nang labor na 3,600! kaya ayun lumobo na ang presyo.

jackaroo: wat if I buy petron all terrain synthetic oil and have this changed instead of using besco with them?

I have asked isuzu alabang since i got my unit there.

thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang alam ko pag hindi galing sa Isuzu ang oil and filter na ipapalit mo ma-vo-void ang warranty eh... they claim na meron silang sarili nilang oil and filter na ginagamit, parang specially made for the trooper...

which I think is complete bullshit.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa mga papasok sa casa, if u can:

Buy the parts first that the pms requires before leaving. Then, pay the service, separately, when claiming the car.

Why?

Yang mga tinamaan ng anak ng VAT. Yong price ng parts ay VAT inclusive na. Pag yan, pinagsama sa isang bill, papatak ang VAT sa gross (kasama service).

Think how much kita ng casa sa 10% ng engine oil na 2 gals * 1500 ea., then primary oil filter at 800, then fuel filter at 800, air filter wet type * 791, isuzu lsd., 3 liters * 845 ea.

* figures used not updated

But that was during my pre-DIY days. Now, I just buy the orig filters from casa, the engine oil from petron and use mobil dexron II for my ATF (which smells like guava).

The LSD was the hardest part, patay ako sa 845 x 3 :evil:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa 1500km check 7K+ :mrgreen:
    tapos sa 10000km check 9K :mrgreen:
    e sa 5000km, magkano kaya?
    grabe pala 'to...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nung nagpa PMS ako ng 5K, 6T+ ang nagastos ko pero kasama na dun yung LSD oil kasi hindi napalitan nung 1.5K PMS dahil out of stock.
    Signature

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
9k for a 10,000 kms PMS!