New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    :bald: I have been regularly driving pick-ups for the past eight years. . . Our company issues us pick-up for work, 4x4 and 4x2, toyota and mitsubishi. The forth pick up assigned to me(2.9 Ranger XLT) is the best so far since the ride and power is the most pleasing. Because of that ride, I have been contemplating on improving the ride on my personal 4x4 Strada. Suggestions from our fleet is not to tamper with it's suspension. My friends at Goma KIng advise me to install(shock master yata. .not sure on brand) a contraption to make the ride much comfortable. Others would suggest to remove a leaf sprung or two at the back and lower the front though adjusting the torsion bar. Plus changing the tires to 235 instead of 255x70xR15. Any suggestions po?:D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its kinda hard to improve on the ride without tampering with the suspension

I propose a change of shock absorbers.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    or load the bed with a few sacks of sand basically a pick up truck needs weight at the rear to give you that comfortable ride. However there is a compromise the fuel. This method will consume more fuel than an unloaded pick up

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rancho 9 malambot

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Sirs: I am thinking of replacing my shocks for my strada. What would be the best choice between bilstein and OME? I don't like adjustable just like Rancho 9000. Is it advisable to replace it with bilstein front and rear? Hindi kaya matagtag? I like my suspension to be a little stiff or firm. TIA.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by batman_690
    :bald: I have been regularly driving pick-ups for the past eight years. . . Our company issues us pick-up for work, 4x4 and 4x2, toyota and mitsubishi. The forth pick up assigned to me(2.9 Ranger XLT) is the best so far since the ride and power is the most pleasing. Because of that ride, I have been contemplating on improving the ride on my personal 4x4 Strada. Suggestions from our fleet is not to tamper with it's suspension. My friends at Goma KIng advise me to install(shock master yata. .not sure on brand) a contraption to make the ride much comfortable. Others would suggest to remove a leaf sprung or two at the back and lower the front though adjusting the torsion bar. Plus changing the tires to 235 instead of 255x70xR15. Any suggestions po?:D
    nakaka-inggit naman kayo
    kami 1300cc cars ang ini-issue sa amin..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Originally posted by mangyan
    Sirs: I am thinking of replacing my shocks for my strada. What would be the best choice between bilstein and OME? I don't like adjustable just like Rancho 9000. Is it advisable to replace it with bilstein front and rear? Hindi kaya matagtag? I like my suspension to be a little stiff or firm. TIA.
    had bilsteins on a box type lancer before and it was very firm. omes naman on the patrol and I can say that they are very plush. my opinion lang ha

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Sir ECG, it is very privelege to have bnew pick up every now and then. But the downside is that you have to be on call always to provide network support(to more than20 swtiches and 4,400 cell sites). . and at one point I drove 5T Km/month (Aparri to Sorsogon)

I have tried putting two sacks of sand to our 4x4(strada and hi-lux) and the ride improved. . fuel is no problem since we have shell fleet card, but my personal starda doesn't have one. How aboput removing one leaf sprung and adjusting the torsion bar in front?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't remove your overload spring, just invert it.

You can read more on inverted leaf springs on:

- How to Improve the ride of Highlander XTRM

- Question on LEAF SPRING

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Contact freeman in 4x4ph.com and check out the new TJM 9 way adjustable shock absorbers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
4x4 Ride