New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    = one happy pajerokid!!! :cool:

Okay kids listen up. Lalo na yung mga gagawa sa 4D56 this is almost the same procedure. The wastegate actuator is between the turbo and the engine. You have to remove the intake hose going to the turbo

First off, prepare all materials. For the 4M40, you will need two 20mm long size 12 bolts. Buy ONLY Grade 7. Why? Because the bolt is directly connected to the TURBO!!! The stock is Grade 7 so why get anything less. Note that most bolts in auto supplies are grades 4 and 5 only. Pucha! Umabot pa ako sa Banawe kanina kakahanap ng Grade 7!!!!

For 4D56 modders, Grade 7 bolts are not that critical, since sa intake manifold naman nakakabit. I used grade 5s before.

And of course... ang bida nating washers. I put 3 pairs per bolt.

Before I continue, lets see some numbers.

1) Turbo hole depth = 18mm
    2) Wastegate Actuator plate thickness = 3mm
    3) Stock thread length (of bolt) = 14mm
    4) New thread length = 20mm
    5) washer thickness = 2mm +/-

Okay, now some math. the bolt is 11mm into the turbo (14mm-3mm). Since the new bolt is 6mm longer than the stock bolt, we have 6mm worth of washers to put in. Which is why i put 3 pairs.

Sakto.

Okay. Simply remove the two screws connecting the mounting plate to the turbo. Use mighty bond to stick the 3 washers to each other for ease of installation (do this twice).

While pulling the can towards the front of the car, slip the washers under the mount plate.

Put the 20mm screws in and HAND TIGHTEN. DONT SAY I DID NOT WARN YOU!!!. Remember, your're screwing onto the turbo, and you dont want to tap and die that.

Tighten 1/3 turn after screw contact. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. Its better to get the torque before disassembly if you have a torque wrench.

The end product should look like this...

Very very healthy pull from 2500rpm onwards.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa 4D56TDIC, The wastegate actuator is on top. kitang kita. all you have to do is remove the 2 screws, put the washers under the plate, replace the screws and youre done!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow.. nice clear pics even under ther hood po.. gets ko na po.. hehe.. kala ko yung wire going thru the can... bye bye.. and off to the hardware hehe.. tnx po sir pk..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GRABEEE!!! akala ko pang PDA at hightech gadget lang etong si PK. Thanks for the info. Now I know what a wastegate actuator is. ;)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wala akong naintindihan..ano ba nangyari dun?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pk,

About bolt grades, ito ba yong number na naka-etch sa head ng screw? Most often 4 nakikita ko.

Dapat ikaw na lang technical writer ng mga auto, or better publish a book... pagkakakitaan pa

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe.. went to the hardware.. no luck.. hehe.. sirado na lahat dito malapit saamin sir pk... ano sa tingin mo? i should add 4 pairs na? or 3 lang muna? hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Redhorse, yup, its the number found on the head of the screw. Minsan the grade is indicated by radial lines on the screw head. Hehe amateur lang po tayo

AC, oks na grade 5 na bolt. para sigurado, sukatin mo yung depth ng butas and compensate na lang with topside washers if your bolt is too long. Go for 4 pairs kung gusto mong sagad, but 3 pairs were enough to make me happy. Here's a tip, kalasin mo yung isang bolt and dalin mo sa auto supply as sample. Kunin mo yung susunod na size na at least 6mm longer.

Hehe, punta akong Laguna bukas just to get buko pie and test my boosted 4m40!!!

Sana hindi sila sarado....
    Last edited by pajerokid; April 8th, 2004 at 08:21 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow! Lilipad na pajero mo PK! hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba ginagawa mo jan? ano na naman ba kc sira niyan at kinakalikot mo?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
4M40 + Washers = :) :) :) :)