New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I don't know about diesels having weaker brakes compared to sedans, baka nasa pagtimpla lang yun. I also notice the gear lever vibrating, lalo na pag naka-idle. Don't worry, it's normal.

And kung take-off gear ang pag-uusapan, I think it's been discussed here somewhere before. Bottom line is, there's a reason why engineers put a first gear in your drivetrain. So use it whenever you can.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Sarap mag Diesel engine now a days... Maingay nga lang... Ako nangigiginig pa din pag labas ko... pero sobrabg tipid.... pero mahal pa din... Nagtataka lang ako sa Pick up namin 97 Isuzu LS. kahit with aircon or without aircon, long drive and city driving laging 10km/L...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yea sir old blue i noticed jeeps like to try to race especially when they know your vehicle is a diesel. The newer jeeps are getting faster especially the jeeps with the 4HF1 and 4HG1 they both have 6 speed trannys.The new Toyota Hilux is a pretty amazing truck their response is like a gasoline engine.
    Last edited by yellowjip; June 13th, 2006 at 07:36 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yun hilux yun D4D di'ba? so mabilis nga iyan kasi CRDi. pero yun DMAX mabilis na ba mga yun? CRDi na din ba DMAX?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken
    IMO depende na sa driver yan tsaka pag nakabwelo naman ang diesel mabilis eh. sa arangkada mabilis talaga ang gasolina.
    oo naman basta nasa 2000rpm na yun strada ko, papalo intercooler nun kahit vans or buses sa edsa hindi ako kayang habulin nun pero mga gasoline sedans, I doubt.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Since the D-Max is equipped with a turbocharger, don't forget to idle your engine for at least 30 seconds before turning it off, and after long or uphill drives at least 2 minutes of idle time before turning off engine.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *Bogeyman: It really depends. On some trucks and vans, 1st is set very low so you can use it to climb obstacles or hills. The bottom line actually is, don't lug it in gear. As long as the engine doesn't strain to pull it away in second, it should be safe.

And most people perceive pickups and SUVs as having weak brakes because they're used to having lighter cars, which don't need much braking force to stop. But if they'd sit and think about how much weight is being slowed down, those brakes aren't very weak at all...

-----

RE: acceleration times: I've clocked the new 3.0 D4D to do 0-100 km/h at just under 12 seconds. Not enough to beat a manual 1.5 or 1.6, maybe, but more than enough to see off most cars on the road. And it definitely gets to 160 as quick or quicker than a 1.6.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Diesel engine loves to operate at its maximum torque, which is typically around 2000RPM, vs. gasoline engines at around 4000 RPM.

Turbochargers are generally not recommended to be used continuously (over a long period of time) especially when climbing steep inclines and hauling heavy loads. It strains the diesel engine, resulting to shorter operating life. It is a good thing if you have a fail safe device on your engine.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    thanks guys for the replies, sarap nga abusuhin ng dmax, sa 3.0 engine nya, i can still do 10-11km/liter consumption, di ka rin pababayaan sa overtaking, yun nga lang medyo naninibago pako pag iinsert ako uli sa right lane after my overtake because of the weaker braking response, kse nga siguro sa weight at size ng pickup. i'l get the hang of it. Thanks for the tips guys.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    by the way, nasa manila bulletin ako ngayon, isuzu ad at motoring section. kami ng brother ko yung nasa dmax ad. may laban ulit kami sa july 7! yehey, exciting na naman to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
1st time diesel driver