New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mostly seen on military vech, it looks like a Land cruiser na 40 series but as small as a Suzuki Samurai.

Is this a real toyota product?
    Ano kaya specs nun? 4x4 ba?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alana Motors makes them during the pre-Hammer days. Lolo pa ata ni Jappy ang nagpapatakbo ng Alana that time.

Ewan ko lang kung may relation sa Toyota ang product na ito. Baka meron naman.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    matanong nga si Jappy. tnx

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    Mostly seen on military vech, it looks like a Land cruiser na 40 series but as small as a Suzuki Samurai.

Is this a real toyota product?
    Ano kaya specs nun? 4x4 ba?
    these are the 44 series yata.
    as far as i know, all land cruisers are 4wd.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Drab
    these are the 44 series yata.
    as far as i know, all land cruisers are 4wd.
    Yes, meron ngang 44 series...pero I was refering to the smaller versions...with a "MINI CRUISER" emblem in the hood it looks like the real mackoy but smaller....halos wala nang ganito nowadays. I use to see it around '85 to 90's - studyante pa ko nun....marami sa SOLCOM area.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wildthing,

I think it's a Toyota and yes it's 4x4.
    Marami nyan sa probinsya namin before being used by the military and I can still see some plying on the roads when I last visited my hometown.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wildthing,

canvass ba yong top?

I remember, nag-away pa nga yong manager ng DBP at head ng military intel, kasi ginaya ba naman ng huli ang kulay ng DBP -- na nauwi, sa pag lalagay ng malalaking letters ng DBP on all sides... at balik naman sa military color ang kabila :lol:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    he had one... gee missed it

12R engine, 4x4, parang owner jeep ang dating, canvass top, badtrip na kung malakas ang ulan...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I remember right, The Mini Cruiser was a vehicle created by Delta Motors Corp. (the previous Toyota distributor in the Philippines) with the blessing of Toyota Japan. The body and chassis was basically the same size as an owner jeep with a 12R engine with 4WD. It had several configurations which were similar to American military jeeps (spare tires were sometimes placed in the rear and sometimes on the side near the end of the front fender.) As far as I know, they used to say that the 4WD system was kind of difficult to maintain because since it was a local project by Delta Motors, spare parts for it were hard to find after a decade or so.

Before several companies built jeep kits, I was thinking about getting one of these and putting in a hardtop and use it as my daily ride since the 12R engine was very economical at that time, it was a very reliable engine and it had 4WD. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any decent civilian examples of these since most were sold to the AFP, and subsequently I just settled on getting one of those jeep kits instead. And yes, Alana Motors did sell those Mini-Cruiser type of units at the time of the jeep craze. I even vaguely remember a TV commercial by the DBP(?) about them helping Filipino SMEs with their financing needs which featured Alana Motors and showing some of those Mini-Cruiser units of theirs.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May naka-Alana Mini Cruiser kasi sa may UST, eh. Siguro yun nga yun. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Mini Cruiser