New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The Anfra is an antique. If it is produced again in the same style, it will just be a symbol of how short a distance we have come in production capability in the decades of local auto production/assembly.
    I'm not referring to the old Anfra.

And thats why I said new and better Anfra.

Maybe with a little help from Great Wall or JAC Motors of China.
    Last edited by jpdm; September 23rd, 2009 at 01:27 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    I'm not referring to the old Anfra.

And thats why I said new and better Anfra.

Maybe with a little help from Great Wall or JAC Motors of China.
    If it's "help" from JAC or Great Wall Motors, chances are it would be an existing chinese vehicle re-badged under FMC as the "new" Anfra.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][SIZE=5]FRANCISCO MOTOR CORPORATION[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]"Basta Isuzu ang Engine, Francisco ang Jeepney!"[/SIZE]

Just e-mailed to me by Elmer Francisco

[SIZE=4]"Basta Isuzu ang Engine, Francisco ang Jeepney!" [/SIZE]
    As i remember the first PUBLIC UTILITY JEEPNEY they produced has an ISUZU C 221 ENGINE.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the Philippine jeepney

symbol of decades of research and development, advanced engineering, and bleeding edge technology

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Why not concentrate on developing a new AUV for philippine setting? Just when we need LESS jeepneys on the road, here you go again adding to the cause of traffic, pollution , and undisciplined drivers on the road.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pinoys can't let go of the jeepney

symbol yan ng galing ng pinoy

the Filipino can

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yep,

The pinoys can and will suffer more traffic and more road hassles if they continue to tolerate the continued existence of jeepneys on the road.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The development & construction of mass transport systems is much better than promoting jeepneys. Look at more developed countries, they continue to strive for highly efficient means of transport (from MRTs/LRTs, CNG buses, trains, etc). Oo nga symbolic as being Pinoy ang mga jeepneys, but it too illustrates why the country is being left behind. Since WWII pa ang mga jeepneys, more than 50 yrs worth of backward technology are still plying our streets, polluting our air, causing unecessary jams and risks to the riding public. Isn't about time to phase them out? Baka makarinig nanaman tayo ng 'anti-poor sentiments' dyan.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If it's "help" from JAC or Great Wall Motors, chances are it would be an existing chinese vehicle re-badged under FMC as the "new" Anfra.
    I guess you might be correct.

But Im hoping its FMC who will develop a "new" Anfra.
    Last edited by jpdm; September 23rd, 2009 at 04:47 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    As i remember the first PUBLIC UTILITY JEEPNEY they produced has an ISUZU C 221 ENGINE.
    I think they are using a new Isuzu engine for their new jeepneys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankarot View Post
    Why not concentrate on developing a new AUV for philippine setting? Just when we need LESS jeepneys on the road, here you go again adding to the cause of traffic, pollution , and undisciplined drivers on the road.
    I agree with this. Perhaps a new version of Anfra with all-new design, engine and parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankarot View Post
    Yep,

The pinoys can and will suffer more traffic and more road hassles if they continue to tolerate the continued existence of jeepneys on the road.
    Partly correct. The old rickety jeepneys should be retired. Put new ones instead.

Or bring all jeepneys plying urban areas like Metro Manila in the remote provinces wanting for sturdy vehicles.
    Last edited by jpdm; September 23rd, 2009 at 04:48 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Francisco Motors Corporation