New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi guys,

I registered there for their automotive courses. Has anyone tried enrolling there? How was it? Hope I can get inputs.. TIA!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    if the school is not that great, you can use it for laboratory or hands on work and for the documentation and certification. any instructor may try to teach a student until that instructor turns blue but will be unproductive if the student don't want to learn. in your case, the enthusiasm is there, the question is are they going to give you the necessary knowledge and training. there are three areas for this field as with other skills: Knowledge (terminology, operating principles, information gathering and interpretation), Diagnostic Skills (using test equipment, diagrams, specifications and interpretation), Repair Skills (doing the actual adjustments, parts replacement, component overhaul, proper tools and their usage and preventive maintenance and prognosis). these three facets are rarely complete upon graduation from technical school. most only teach remove/replace components. to augment your knowledge and diagnostic skills, purchase a couple of textbooks and read them, you can also use the internet or ask certified, experienced and trained technicians. do not limit yourself within the confines of the school. seek out. the instructors might not be all that good or they might hold back knowledge.
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; June 8th, 2011 at 06:48 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    if the school is not that great, you can use it for laboratory or hands on work and for the documentation and certification. any instructor may try to teach a student until that instructor turns blue but will be unproductive if the student don't want to learn. in your case, the enthusiasm is there, the question is are they going to give you the necessary knowledge and training. there are three areas for this field as with other skills: Knowledge (terminology, operating principles, information gathering and interpretation), Diagnostic Skills (using test equipment, diagrams, specifications and interpretation), Repair Skills (doing the actual adjustments, parts replacement, component overhaul, proper tools and their usage and preventive maintenance and prognosis). these three facets are rarely complete upon graduation from technical school. most only teach remove/replace components. to augment your knowledge and diagnostic skills, purchase a couple of textbooks and read them, you can also use the internet or ask certified, experienced and trained technicians. do not limit yourself within the confines of the school. seek out. the instructors might not be all that good or they might hold back knowledge.
    Thanks for your kind encouragement sir, I really appreciate it. I'm an IT engineer but my heart is really into cars that's why I want to learn these kinds of stuffs. Maybe you can recommend some books or schools after I graduate from their basic course. They apparently don't have advanced courses kasi..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Xavier? is this the same with Xavier School in GH?

you can try MFI.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    No sir, it's different from the one in GH..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    Thanks for your kind encouragement sir, I really appreciate it. I'm an IT engineer but my heart is really into cars that's why I want to learn these kinds of stuffs. Maybe you can recommend some books or schools after I graduate from their basic course. They apparently don't have advanced courses kasi..

for beginning, books by john remling are good specially for safety, tools and equipment usage, then follow through with books by william h crouse and donald anglin. other books that's more advanced by jack erjavek are recommended too. you may check goodheart wilcox publishers and delmar/thomson learning publications

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    the net has millions of informations:
    try AA1Car Auto Diagnosis Repair Help
    engine management section will help you understand the basics

happy surfing

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    I learned a lot from this hobby from collecting and reading mags, and auto books/manuals (at booksale). don't forget the internet also. last but not the least, got hooked on automotive mechanicals/electricals the first time my father who used to drive M35 trucks did let me do my first brake job. for the record, it was on our 6 wheeler truck and had no idea on asbestos. hehe. be safe always. always wear gloves, respirator and safety goggles as a minimum.

yet, I'm still learning new technologies and tricks.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    Hi guys,

I registered there for their automotive courses. Has anyone tried enrolling there? How was it? Hope I can get inputs.. TIA!
    sir,

how about TESDA?

Xavier Technical Training Center for Automotive Courses.. Are they good?