New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Guys! tanong ko lang would there be a bad effect on the engine kung worn-out na ang insulation ng spark plug cable mo? Napansin ko kc na matagal ng worn-out yung 1 wire pero wala naman ako napapansin na kakaiba sa makina ko. i have been experiencing irratic idling pero sabi ng mech baka raw kc marumi na injectors ng kotse ko. an when i use fuel injector cleaners medyo nawawala at bihira na bumalik. what do you think?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    worn out insulation can cause the current to jump or be erratic in its delivery to the spark plug . try to replace your hight tension wires as this is probably the cause of the weird idling you're experiencing. in case ganun parin idling mo, at least you've solved the problem with the high tension wires =)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd suggest that you change to new, OEM plug wires.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    OEM may be more expensive than replacement/performance wires. canvass ka nalang to see what's within your budget

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    tanx guys! ok rin ba replacement wires lang i mean tatagal naman kya sya or baka more expensive in the long run kc palit ulit agad?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    they should last the same amount of time naman i doubt they will be inferior in any way to the original ones. be careful lang of the brand you get

Worn out insulation of sparkplug cables