New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I know gasoline engined cars' fuel pumps at the rear work when you turn the key to position 2, right before cranking it, and the sound is audible from the cabin.

But since you say at the moment of starting then it must be the air being sucked in, or with throttled engines, the throttle valve opening and air sucked in. This is especially more noticed with aftermarket air filters where the sound is not as muffled.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    am I the only one noticing it? I notice these most of the time in any cars brands, some are even brand new.

I hear these whistle as the engine starts at the moment of click. then disappears...

porbably belt or air sucked nga. thanks guys.
    high pitch ba? baka it goes beyond our normal hearing kaya walang nakakapansin. maybe you have very keen sense of hearing.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Same question. Is it high pitch? Reduction produces this high pitch sound right before slamming the pinion gear towards the flywheel.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yes, High pitch po. almost sounds like a Turbo kahit Gas n/a Cars.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    does it happen while, during or after releasing the ignition key?

tunog ba na parang motor ng R/C car?

could be the starter motor being disengaged from the flywheel.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    +1. could be the starter...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    whistle can be heared from diesel too, a/t or m/t.

the whistle will be heared AFTER the "chick,chick,chick" together with the "broom"

regarding during or after releasing the ignition key. it depends, some rides kasi, instant broom at the moment you turn the key diba?, wala nang chick,chick,chick. kundi ch.. broom nalang...

could be similar to a motor like in blender appliance or electric drill, but also similar to Turbo too.

am I the only one really hearing this sound?

I hate to see this no problem thread longer...

if I have opportunity, I'll record it and enhance the whistle sound in audio editing progy. hehe...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
whistle sound when starting