New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by hilldweller View Post
    May nabili ako sa Ace Hardware in 2014, Red-X 2 ton hydraulic jack, P995.00 (on sale). Wala pang 1 year nagleak na, could not hold its lift, bumababa. Mga once a month ko siguro nagamit.
    Floor jack ba siya sir o yung parang bottle na jack?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by khun22 View Post
    Floor jack ba siya sir o yung parang bottle na jack?
    Floor jack Sir aka crocodile jack.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by khun22 View Post
    Meron ako nung jack na nasa trunk kaso 800kg lang daw load capacity niya eh. If ever na bumili naman ako ng floor jack sa bahay ko lang siya siguro iistore.
    800kg (0.8 ton) is more than enough. You are only lifting 1 tire. You still have 3 tires that support the vehicle. What is the curb weight of your vehicle? Divide that by 4.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    800kg (0.8 ton) is more than enough. You are only lifting 1 tire. You still have 3 tires that support the vehicle. What is the curb weight of your vehicle? Divide that by 4.

Whoa! Hold on my friend. Do not use a garage jack as you would with the scissors jack that came with the car. First, the garage jack average height ranges around 17 - 17 1/2 inches from the finished floorline whereas the car's jack only raise to around 10 inches. Second, do not use a garage jack at any one corner of the car specially unibody/unitized body. The car's frame can twist so much that might crack the windshield or rear window or delaminate it away from the windshield/window frame causing water leaks when it rains. If you watched this from Scotty Kilmer, don't do it for reasons just stated.
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; February 9th, 2018 at 05:31 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Whoa! Hold on my friend. Do not use a garage jack as you would with the scissors jack that came with the car. First, the garage jack average height ranges around 17 - 17 inches from the finished floorline whereas the car's jack only raise to around 10 inches. Second, do not use a garage jack at any one corner of the car specially unibody/unitized body. The car's frame can twist so much that might crack the windshield or rear window or delaminate it away from the windshield/window frame causing water leaks when it rains. If you watched this from Scotty Kilmer, don't do it for reasons just stated.
    I'm talking about jack for changing your flat tire. Not lifting your car all the way up. Hope this is clear to you.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I'm talking about jack for changing your flat tire. Not lifting your car all the way up. Hope this is clear to you.
    I hope readers don't raise their cars on any one corner using a garage jack.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Ahhh ganon po pala yon thanks sir for the information.

Whoa! Hold on my friend. Do not use a garage jack as you would with the scissors jack that came with the car. First, the garage jack average height ranges around 17 - 17 1/2 inches from the finished floorline whereas the car's jack only raise to around 10 inches. Second, do not use a garage jack at any one corner of the car specially unibody/unitized body. The car's frame can twist so much that might crack the windshield or rear window or delaminate it away from the windshield/window frame causing water leaks when it rains. If you watched this from Scotty Kilmer, don't do it for reasons just stated.
    Diko masiyado gets sir, nakahiram po kasi ako ng floor jack sa kaibigan ko ganto po siya Prostar 2 Ton Floor Jack 3 Max Lift Height Red with Blown Case | Lazada PH. Hindi po ba pwede gumamit ng ganto pag isang side lang ang iaangat? Tinanong ko kasi yung mechanic sa may goodyear samin ang sabi is wala daw jack point ang honda city sa front? BTW ano po ba ang garage jack?

I hope readers don't raise their cars on any one corner using a garage jack.
    Ano po ba ang garage jack? and ano po ba ang pinaka tamang way sa pag jack up ng sasakyan?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Sir Jick, yung jack stand wala na dun sa reinforced jacking point, ok lang ba yun?

Also, everytime i have my oil or AT fluid changed they just jack it up on one side, now i relaize after your post, that this could be the reason why the top left side corner of my windshield is leaking. tsk.. tsk...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast