New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    The threads I'm referring to would be in the engine, not on the plugs themselves.

Can I use a carb cleaner?

The problem is I need to change the spark plugs, all four were fouled and had oil on the threads. The fouling was caused by improper timing, however the oil on the threads may have been caused by improper tightening of the plugs when they were installed. Now I need to clean the threads before I put the new plugs...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    afaik, tuyong basahan lang.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    oil on the plugs is normally caused by worn spark plug oil seals under valvecover.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    You need to fix the cause of oil leaking into the cylinders. Not just replace the plugs.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    we use gasoline to clean the sparkplug tips with fine steel brush.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The guys is asking how to clean the threads sa head where the spark plug threads into... not the plugs itself

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kuha ka ng basahan...basain mo ng gasolina...ipahid mo sa thread ng makina...do the "pick your nose" manuever

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayus sa description!

with thumb, forefinger or pinky???

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kerosene gamit ko... get some cotton buds or cotton on a stick, dip it in some kerosene, shake the excess then wipe sa thread ng head.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    What engine kaya? kasi parang ang hirap 'i-pick nose' pag malalim di ba? baka dapat gawa ka ng parang cotton buds na mahaba? hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What to use to clean spark plug threads?