New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I just replaced the piston rings and valve seals because smoke was coming out but still there is white/blue smoke! when i had the semi overhaul they also checked the turbo manifold for signs of an oil leak in case the turbo was damaged but there were no traces of oil and turbo is not noisy in anyway..the mechanic said he wanted to cut the pipe of my muffler because it seems like there is an obstruction because smoke comes out of the air filter if revved..but not sure if this could be causing the smoke..i have a toyota starlet gt turbo 1995 ep82

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fksrewind View Post
    I just replaced the piston rings and valve seals because smoke was coming out but still there is white/blue smoke! when i had the semi overhaul they also checked the turbo manifold for signs of an oil leak in case the turbo was damaged but there were no traces of oil and turbo is not noisy in anyway..the mechanic said he wanted to cut the pipe of my muffler because it seems like there is an obstruction because smoke comes out of the air filter if revved..but not sure if this could be causing the smoke..i have a toyota starlet gt turbo 1995 ep82
    sir, magkano bayad mo sa labor ng change piston ring at valve seals?

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    try to check your positive crankcase ventilation valve... if its worn out, it could cause smoke also to emit white/blue smoke..hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gaboy View Post
    sir, magkano bayad mo sa labor ng change piston ring at valve seals?
    3500 excluding parts

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey_civic View Post
    try to check your positive crankcase ventilation valve... if its worn out, it could cause smoke also to emit white/blue smoke..hope this helps.
    okay i'll try asking my mechanic because i have no idea where that is located hehe anyways i've noticed so far that the smoke isn't as intense as before the overhaul..sometimes i don't see smoke... but it usually comes out in puffs if im backing up in reverse...:ashamed2:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Try to flush your exhaust system. Kung pumping oil ka before the overhaul, its possible na may oil pa sa tambucho which causes the unusual smoke. Baka sludge na siya kaya sinabi ng mechanic na may obstruction.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sir, Magkano ba magpaflush ng exhaust system? kasi mejo same kame ng problem ni rewind. Kakatop overhaul lang ng sasakyan namen. malaki ang nareduce na smoke na lumalabas siguro mga 80-90% ang nareduce. pero meron parin konte hindi ko na alam kung san ung problem. Sabi sken ng mekaniko baka daw ung mga natirang mga oil.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    maaring tama c tootsie may residue p na naiwan sa xhaust pipe and kay rwind abt PCV valve un ung nsa ibbaw or nsa side ng valve cver nkkabit thru vcume hose bka stock open na. i read n nag change ka ng piston rings without reboring assume ko n standard size prin gnamit mo bka mlaki na ang end gap ng oil rings kya umusok kprin e frce induction pa mlamang oversize piston n ang kylangan mo sir

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    easy: drop the exhaust and run it nalang with an open exhaust. kung nawala yung smoke then sa tambucho lang yung problem. kung di parin nawala then may problem pa sa gawa ng head/block.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i'm pretty sure its not the exhaust which is the problem because i'm slowing losing oil..i'm trying to find a place here in dumaguete that can do a compression test to see if it is the bore which is the problem thanks again guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
what else could be causing the smoke????