New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I am curious and wary of additives for cars, but this one looks promising...Water Wetter... It is supposed to improve water's heat transfer capabilities by making water more "slippery".

In fact, I've read by googling water wetter that it is being used even by computer fanatics to cool, of all things, their pentiums!!
    A lot of positive reviews from the racing set.
    Intriguing to learn that 50/50 glycol/water mix is not really the best cooling mixture after all!

Water na wetter pa! Please read up on it and post your opinions please. Thanks!

http://www.redlineoil.com/redlineoil/wwti.htm

BTW nakabili ako sa Q.C. ung dealer ni hindi nag aadvertise ng produkto nila.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Yup ok nga yan ginagamit din yan sa water cooling ng pc. magkano bili mo and does it come by liters or galons?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron ba sa mga TRUE Value shops nyan?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    comes in 12oz bottles P400 yata $8.00 sa US; wala sa true value, will look for receipt and post

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Tried it several years ago, didn't see any diff in engine temp. Went back to 50/50 coolant mix but, still like synthetic redline oils.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    I have it on our accord now. Used to lose water sa reservoir but now steady lang sya, no water loss coz of the water wetter.

I don't think you'd find it sa big stores though. Try banawe. Distributor nila used to be in binondo but they transferred to QC ata.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I've heard of Water Wetter before but liquid-cooled CPU's are new to me.

Yes, antifreeze reduces the coolant's heat conducting property. The more antifreeze there is in the coolant, the less effective it is in removing heat from the engine block and releasing it on to the radiator. That's why in countries where the freezing of the coolant is not a problem (the expansion plugs will pop out if the coolant in the block freezes over), a milder concentration is advised to allow the coolant (water) to retain it's heat conductivity.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ok kaya yan..parang makaka2long yan a if it really works..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anybody knows where we can buy this product?

WATER WETTER Supercoolant