New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dude...a friend from caltex told me na use vortex gold every 2 full tanks kasi may panglinis talaga ito ng fuel lines and injectors..may additive kasi siya eh.

ako what i do is 2 full tanks of xcs..then gold..then back to 2 full tanks of xcs.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    dude...a friend from caltex told me na use vortex gold every 2 full tanks kasi may panglinis talaga ito ng fuel lines and injectors..may additive kasi siya eh.

ako what i do is 2 full tanks of xcs..then gold..then back to 2 full tanks of xcs.
    If so, then, why don't you use Vortex Gold all the time?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by babymim
    fakesaint ano yung "ptt prod"? sensya na.
    PTT products bro.. had a bad exp. na ksi with their gas, mga 3 yrs. ago na with my corona dati...pagka karga biglang pumalya ang andar....so dinala ko sa mechanic...they had to drain the fuel tank and tune up the car.... from that day on...velocity or blaze na lang gamit ko....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ano ba yung PTT??
    according to one of the articles dun sa motioncars.com.."Unfortunately, it seems that Velocity increases fuel consumption when the VTEC is engaged and still doesn't give much difference in terms of performance."

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Lately di na rin ako bumibili ng Velocity, it just costs too much, Petron XCS binili ko last time, my mileage is also better, dati half tank nasa 200km, ngayon nasa 250km nung nag half mark sya, same driving style and conditions.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d
    Lately di na rin ako bumibili ng Velocity, it just costs too much, Petron XCS binili ko last time, my mileage is also better, dati half tank nasa 200km, ngayon nasa 250km nung nag half mark sya, same driving style and conditions.
    The more exact approach is obviously to set your odometer to "0" on filling your tank, then refer to your mileage reading on your next full tank. Relying on fuel gauge needles will give no more than a reasonable estimate.

- 0 -

I started using Velocity when it first hit the market. The higher octane rating and perceivably cleaner fuel influenced my choice of fuel for my car with a turbo engine. Due to the fuel's popularity and premium pricing, however, there were reports of pilferage between depot and gas station. So I thought the wise move to protect my enginge was to switch to Blaze in the interim. I obtained equally satisfying results. Since I transfered residence, I am now back to using Velocity given the convenience of having a Shell station nearby. I patronize Shell and Petron as a way of thanking them for keeping their refinery operations in the Philippines. Caltex has downsized.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ano ba yung PTT??
    It's a gas station you can find in Subic and places near it.

according to one of the articles dun sa motioncars.com.."Unfortunately, it seems that Velocity increases fuel consumption when the VTEC is engaged and still doesn't give much difference in terms of performance."
    On the contrary, I noticed the opposite. The first time I put Velocity in our Civic VTEC, it seemed that consumption decreased. I pretty much believe that the higher quality materials of this compared to Unleaded lead to better combustion, which means less wastage. More fuel is converted to miles and less is being sent outside the muffler.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Based on experience, I like XCS over Gold. But overall, Velocity is the best. Don't be fooled by those indicated octane ratings. XCS, Gold, Velocity and those others are all 95 octane, but definitely, there are differences in quality between them.
    Ako naman highest rating is what I get all the time, I tried XCS but lumakas ang konsumo ng car ko....I still prefer blaze among the petrol brands here...ewan ko kung bakit mas matipid ang blaze!!! If youd make me choose among the 2 ill go for vortex gold.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni
    If so, then, why don't you use Vortex Gold all the time?

because i dont feel comfortable with using vortex gold alone.

hindi ako hiyang..maybe psychologically...parang ayaw bumatak if i use other gas besides xcs.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    totoo bang ang xcs ay 95 ron na version nang xtra unleaded?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
vortex gold vs. xcs plus