New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Ang hood ng vios ko ay hindi ng automatic open kung i-release mo yung lever para mag open ng hood ..
    Pagkatapos mong i-release yung lever para ma open ang hood, kailangan mo pang hawakan mismo yung hood at i-force open paitaas ..
    Kahit ang luma kong Corolla, pag release ng lever ng hood, automatic siyang naka pop-up ng konti ..
    Sa Vios ko kasi, hindi ng pa pop-up, pang close pa rin, kailangan mo pang i-pop-up manually ..

Anong dapat palitan ?? whole assembly ng lock ng hood or spring lang ??

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    Ang hood ng vios ko ay hindi ng automatic open kung i-release mo yung lever para mag open ng hood ..
    Pagkatapos mong i-release yung lever para ma open ang hood, kailangan mo pang hawakan mismo yung hood at i-force open paitaas ..
    Kahit ang luma kong Corolla, pag release ng lever ng hood, automatic siyang naka pop-up ng konti ..
    Sa Vios ko kasi, hindi ng pa pop-up, pang close pa rin, kailangan mo pang i-pop-up manually ..

Check if your hood or bonnet is flush with the fender. If its lower, your stopper are set too low. If this is the case, unscrew a little bit at a time and try to see if it opens like it should.

Also, more often than not, the latch mechanism is dry and unlubricated

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

is this car a new acquisition?

or, was it with you for a longer time, and the symptom developed just recently?

has it been in a frontal-type accident, that may have caused deformation of the front body?

try to see if you can adjust the rubber stoppers' heights, as mina above says.
    but... i doubt it.
    kung mamalasin, you might be forced to pukpok the sheet metal holding the hood lock, up and/or down.

is your pop-up spring functioning?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is this car a new acquisition?

or, was it with you for a longer time, and the symptom developed just recently?

has it been in a frontal-type accident, that may have caused deformation of the front body?

try to see if you can adjust the rubber stoppers' heights, as mina above says.
    but... i doubt it.
    kung mamalasin, you might be forced to pukpok the sheet metal holding the hood lock, up and/or down.

is your pop-up spring functioning?
    I just bought this car from a friend a month ago ..
    It's never been in a major accident before ..

The hood can still be open but the pop-up mechanism doesn't work, my previous 20yr old AE101 still pop-up like brandnew with its "classic hard metallic sound as you pull the lever to open the hood" ..

I think the spring is not functioning anymore because the lever can unlock the hood but the hood itself is in the same position like its still close, it should be in a pop-up position of 1inch or so, so that your finger can fit in ..

It goes like this, I pull the lever, the hood is unlock but its still in a close position, still inline with the fenders but already unlock .. I put my fingers on each side of the hood, beside the fenders, beside the headlights, and pop it up myself, that's when I can fit my finger in the center position to completely unlock the hood ..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I just bought this car from a friend a month ago ..
    It's never been in a major accident before ..

The hood can still be open but the pop-up mechanism doesn't work, my previous 20yr old AE101 still pop-up like brandnew with its "classic hard metallic sound as you pull the lever to open the hood" ..

I think the spring is not functioning anymore because the lever can unlock the hood but the hood itself is in the same position like its still close, it should be in a pop-up position of 1inch or so, so that your finger can fit in ..

It goes like this, I pull the lever, the hood is unlock but its still in a close position, still inline with the fenders but already unlock .. I put my fingers on each side of the hood, beside the fenders, beside the headlights, and pop it up myself, that's when I can fit my finger in the center position to completely unlock the hood ..
    1. the rubber stops are perished and are sticking to the hood metal. clean them or replace them, po. or, glue on a layer of old interyor. i had a car like that before.
    2. the rubber stops are perished and are now lower than before. replace, or re-adjust. ... MINA WAS RIGHT! you can raise some hood rubber stops by turning them. try them, po. and if one is in the extreme poverty range, you might glue on a few layers of old interyor. serious!
    3. kung ayaw pa despite #1 and #2, try adjusting the latch mechanism down a bit if you can.

i had a car like that before.
    it had been to a previous frontal event. but one wouldn't have suspected it, because eyeballing it doesn't show any mis-alignments.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 20th, 2018 at 09:33 AM.