New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Can anyone post a step by step DYI procedure for a pizza lancer 4G92 SOHC valve tappet adjustment?

Thanks a BIG (",)

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    before you start you should know the measurements and have a feeler gauge so you can actually measure the clearance.

if you don't have a mechanical background this is one procedure i do not suggest DIY for. yung iba pwede pero this is inside the engine itself na so if anything goes wrong mejo malaki na gastos mo.

bring it to a gas station or talyer nalang and at least sure ka they know what they're doing

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    yup i know i used to be an aircraft mechanic but i don't know the right gap values to be used actualy i've seen how it is being done and it look's simple enough that i would like to try it my self, well if nobody here knows this, i'll probably bring my car to your shop, hehehe, BTW thanks for answering my inquiries re KYB shocks for my lancer yesterday (",)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    no problem

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    self-adjusting nga ba ang 4g92 sohc? medyo maingay din kse yun lancer namin eh.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    self-adjusting nga ba ang 4g92 sohc? medyo maingay din kse yun lancer namin eh. ok lang ba patagalin to or dapat na ipa-adjust? what would happen if we don't adjust it? thanks!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    adjusting the valve tappets will quiet down the engine, improve gas consumption and allow the engine to run more effectively.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pdc2
    self-adjusting nga ba ang 4g92 sohc? medyo maingay din kse yun lancer namin eh. ok lang ba patagalin to or dapat na ipa-adjust? what would happen if we don't adjust it? thanks!
    nope it's not self adjusting, ang alam ko lang na self-adjusting among the mitsu line-up is the 6A12 DOHC ng Galant VR V6.

HTH

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    so yung mga 1995 na galant v6 engines are self-adjusting? meaning you don't have to adjust the tappets anymore?

sorry, i'm not familiar with mitsu engines e... :P

thanks!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    when they say self adjusting this means walang adjustments. problem naman nyan is kapag umingay you have to pull most of the head out to replace the worn parts... unlike those with rocker arms that you can just tighten.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Valve Tappet Adjustment - 4G92 SOHC