New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Hi! I'm planning to buy the 2005 Lancer 1.8 MX. Unfortunately, the Lancers offered here are only SOHC. I was wondering where I can purchase a turbo kit for the said model. Are there dealers here in Manila who offer that so that I can ask them to install it already? I plan to spend probably around 50k-80k. What I'm after is an increase in power so that it wouldn't be difficult when travelling to places like Baguio, Ilocos and Cagayan Valley. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ser yous could contact ERL motorworks... their the best in town as i heard but i think the warranty will be gone... but i guess ernie is gonna be your best bet.. he could give you the warranty

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or check it out here: www.mymitsuph.com

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a generic turbo like garret (or a mitsubishi turbo from the EVO) and a customized intake & headers from ERL should do it. ERL can also source for you an aluminum-made intercooler and preferably a water injection system (to help further bring down the temperature and density of air). Call Ernie Lorenzo at 413-3911.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    just to offer another opinion, how much is your total budget? it looks like it will be about P950,000 if you add the turbo and all other necessary items ad the price of the car.

for P950,000 you can get a very very low mileage new body galant (practically brandnew na yan). then you will have a bigger car and a bigger engine and more power. plus you might be able to transfer the warranty.

just my opinion.

andy

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    speaking of options... it possible to find second hand Mitsu Evos for under P1M.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yeah for 950 evo 5 na yan. meron for sale evo 4 ngayon with only 2000kms for around 800++

yun di ka magkukulang ng power. hehe!

turboing a bnew car isn't for the faint of heart... kung may mangyari then you're stuck without a warranty

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    evo5 with only 2000kms? hindi ba nirewind yan hehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rnpasinos
    Hi! I'm planning to buy the 2005 Lancer 1.8 MX. Unfortunately, the Lancers offered here are only SOHC. I was wondering where I can purchase a turbo kit for the said model. Are there dealers here in Manila who offer that so that I can ask them to install it already? I plan to spend probably around 50k-80k. What I'm after is an increase in power so that it wouldn't be difficult when travelling to places like Baguio, Ilocos and Cagayan Valley. Thanks!
    yup, i don't advice this as well. the weakest link in the car is the CVT transmission. those things are not designed for high power application. If u have the manual tranny probably its okay.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    read the post, it's an evo 4

plus i don't think you can rewind a digital gauge;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Turbo for Lancer 1.8 MX