Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    nabasa ko nga din sa revo manual..
    at least RON95 pag 7K-E engine.. tapos
    at least RON91 pag 1RZ-E engine.. mukhang sensitive nga ang mga 7K-E

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    yup..... pag mataas ang gear mo tapos goin -uphill totope talaga yun.... hrap makina eh..pero pag tama ang gear wala problema.

Pag wala petron na may magandang blaze, i go for velocity...

some petron stations that have "good" blaze fuel:

1. t.morato corner e.rodriguez
    2. timog corner e.rodriguez
    3. santolan cor ortigas
    4. petron sta. ana pampanga
    5. petron gapan nueva ecija
    6. petron pasig (its in shaw, first petron station if your coming from edsa)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede rin bang magkaron ng TOPE ung diesel? may tik-tik-tik na sound din kasi ung akin kapag high rpm. di ko alam kunng san nagmumula... sa shell muñoz ako lagi nagpapakarga... ride ko is diesel fed na 96' isuzu pickup

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I dont have a REvo (much less, the 7K 1.8 liter EFI engine), but this is almost unbelievable. You dont hear complaints like this from owners of higher performance Toyota engines like the 4AGE which undoubtedly has a higher compression ratio than the 7K. What makes it hard to believe (not saying that the threadstarter was lying about his car) is that EFI engines have knock sensors which allow the ECU to automatically retard the timing to prevent tope.

I agree with Stroker about his reluctance to retard the ignition timing. Aside from the negative effect on performance, it should be totally unnecessary for this type of engine.

Im sure it is not a matter of engineering oversight on the part of Toyota. That company is indeed world renowned not only for their high quality products, but also for its punctuality in addressing consumer complaints. I tend to believe the technician's story about sending complaints and hard evidence about the 7K "tope" indemic here in the Philippines to corporate HQ in Japan was merely a means to placate the concern of a valued customer.

The only reasons I can think of why you had the tope problem are:
    1. Driving Habit. The driver tend to short shift, i.e., shifting to a higher gear a little to early, causing the engine to labor under the load.

2. "Factory Defect" in the engine. Possible misalignment of the crankshaft and the camshaft.

Anyway, I'm glad the problem has finally been solved. I just wanted to express my concern for such a bewildering mechanical problem. It just doesnt make sense for a people mover powerplant like the 7K (an EFI at that) would be overly sensitive to detonation, while other higher performance engines like the 2.0 SOHC 1RZ engine in the VSX 2000 are not.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to check also the heat range of the plugs that you're using. Maybe trying out "colder" variants of the OEM plug can help (one heat range cooler). For example, if the stock plugs are NGK BPR5EY-11 as aformentioned in another post, try to see if there is a BPR6EY model.

Our Nissan car is also sensitive to fuel requirements and it runs without "tope" when we use Petron XCS/Blaze or Velocity.

If your car has an intake sensor (i.e. MAF), you can also try cleaning it with contact cleaner. Be careful though as this is a very sensitive part.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Tumotope na 7K (REVO)