New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Suburbia Automotive Ventures Inc.

Hi everyone the SAVI shop in timogs is the one that rustproofs vehicle for honda etc.. they are the one with the tuffkote dinol sign,

i want to ask if anyone here had the same experience i did.

i brought my civic to them for complete rust proofing they sprayed rust proofing in the windshield molding of my car and the rear panel,,

which is pretty okay but after a while nag kakaroon ng water ang vehicle ko, if it rains really hard

i suspect that when they opened up the rubber molding of teh windshield tehy failed to put back some of the rubber molding parang hole dun

. is it because of faulty rust proofing??

anyone have experience with the SAVI shop? please post your comments here

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's one reason why I always tell people that aftermarket rustproofing is bogus and counter productive, they have to drill access holes or open up gaps from rubber seals to spray the stuff on...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Since 97, I've stopped rustproofing when I acquire cars. To my understanding, paint processes have built in rust proofing to make the car last as long as I own it. Longest time I owned a car from brand new was 5 years. So far, I haven't experienced any problems with rust.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    malamang that causes your problem. for me, undercoat lang ako pag nakita ko na nabakbak na yung coating.

di na kalawangin yung mga car ngayon not like before.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama ka dun kaya nga i will never go back tehre anymore sa dallas na lang ako makikita ko na na ginagawa

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    That's one reason why I always tell people that aftermarket rustproofing is bogus and counter productive, they have to drill access holes or open up gaps from rubber seals to spray the stuff on...
    Thanks for this clarification. I was actually going to ask about this on the Starex thread. When I brought my van to Wheels Inc for its first PMS, the service advisor asked when I was going to have my vehicle rustproofed. Sabi ko, "tsaka na lang," pero napaisip tuloy ako na diba may factory rustproofing na yung mga sasakyan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There's ZERO chance for any modern car to rust from inside out (which is what rustproofing is trying to prevent) since all modern cars are well sealed and protected by rustproofing primers.

Newer cars suffer rust from surface down, when you get a chip, scratch etc and you don't touch it up right away, etc...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Medyo OT:

My ride recently underwent body repair (hood straightening, grille and bumper replacement/reinforcement) at the casa c/o insurance, and they threw in undercoating for free. While I appreciated their gesture, I found it odd since it was the vehicle's topside that's now susceptible to rust on account of previous damage. Maybe they should've done rustproofing instead.

why not replace the hood? kahit surplus na di pa damaged. Well you have to hope that the casa does a good job in cleaning up any rust formation on the hood.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, the top side will NOT rust unless it wasn't done correctly (priming and painting). There's no way you can rust proof the top part anyway, paint won't adhere to cavity wax (which is what rustproofing spray really is)... Unless you want to drive around with yellow streaky gunk on the paint hehe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Tuff kote dinol rust proofing