New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hey guys,

what wipers work well for you guys? is it worth paying a higher price? My car is usual parked inside the garage or a parking building so hardly any sun light would cause it to "melt" from the hot glass.

I've tried a few wipers and here is what I think of them.

Stock = of course, very good and long lasting, sometimes last almost a year (or more), but don't really want to go all the way to honda to get a pair. and it's expensive too..

Bosch (tropical) = they say is suits our hot weather here, but I'm not too sure about that, seems to last just as long as the previous design and for 600.00 php a pair I thought it could last a little longer

Autosport = ok ok so i tried the cheap taiwan brand and yeah it only works for a couple of months then it doesnt wipe the water from my windsheild but smears it instead... 129.00 php

So what about other brands like DENSO and other more affordable wipers? give me an idea what you guys buy.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use Autosport. The Php45.00/pr refills. Maybe it's because I'm using them on the OEM NWB frame that's why mine lasts long.

Bumili kami ng generic wiper (blade with frame) sa BLADE for Php99.00/pr. Ayaw gumana sa Vitara (lumulundag). Ginawa ko nilipat ko yung NWB+Autosport refill wipers ng Pajero dun sa Vitara. Ayun, ok na ngayon.

Yung Php99.00 refill muna ginagamit ko sa Pajero. Wala namang problem sa akin. Baka mahina yung spring ng wiper arm nung Vitara or yung glass niya medyo hindi na perfect.

Did you check the wiper as to what brand of wiper is stock on the Civic? Most probably it will be NWB or Denso. Naka-engrave iyon dun sa frame ng wiper.
    Last edited by OTEP; September 20th, 2006 at 07:28 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

ang hirap maghanap ng LHD OEM for liteace! buti pa yung RHD, daming stock....

oh well, refill, anu marerecomend nyo??

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i recently purchased denso.. they make japanese car oem wipers so i hope this will last like stock wipers..we'll see after a year...(hehe tagal pa)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Denso is also made by NWB (Nippon Wiper Blade) ito rin yung OEM wipers ng Honda, Toyota etc...

in my experience mas maganda pa yung bosch tropical wipers than the NWB wipers.

One more thing if you're experiencing wiper streaking paglass polish nyo yung windshield sa bigberts. it does make a difference.

ang MAHAL ng NWB! per piece pa, unlike sa bosch pair na...pero..

hirap maghanap for my liteace, LHD twin-screw, 22"D,13.5"-14"P,16"R para sataas ng arm ung blade...unlike sa most, RHD twin-srew, sa ilalim ng arm ang blade

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bosch pa rin. ;)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I tried using refills before, grabe hirap palitan mga blades and that's why I switched to bosch with frame (mahal), so now I'm on the hunt for other wiper blades with frames.

regarding windshield cleaning... DEFINITELY BIG BERT'S

I wonder if there's something I could buy to clean and polish my own windsheild?

I don't have anything against BOSCH (I do use it too) pero I also change the blades of our other cars and at 500++ a pair it does add up.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you buy refills in Banawe they will install it.

Yes, hindi madali mag-install (it took me two sets before the job became easier). Pero yung price difference between Php45.00 at Php500.00 ay sulit na din. hehehe. I also shoot the frame with a new coat of flat black before installing the refills.

NWB is Php180ea (blade with frame) sa SM ACE Megamall.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    same lng kami ni sir otep, bumili din ako ng refill sa blade, cost php 99.00 lng. til naw, ok pa namn sya, around 3 mants na rin sya

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Tried and tested wipers