New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    guys, any experience with the item?

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    just get the right one for you engine. the only down side is that you'll have to make sure you reset your ECU everytime you the battery is disconnected since you'll have to teach the ECU to adapt to the plug's characteristics.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    u know where i can get one? they say its no longer available in the market. tnx

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, the stock plugs, properly gapped are still the best.

Some peeps who used aftermarket plugs didnt experience much power difference from using new stock plugs and some even had to retard timing to avoid detonation. If its performance that your after, getting headers and an free-flow intake along with advanced timing and high octane fuel on the OEM spec plugs will be a better option.

My .002

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I beg to disagree. I think better because I never experienced msifires even at redline area. If you examine the plugs, you can tell if the burn is good from the color. Timing? ECU's nowadays can easily adjust to the plug's better characteristics. Most of all, cheaper on the long run. I had mine for 5 years - still good as new

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Sir Poops, u know where i can get one?
    Last edited by Fulcrum; March 12th, 2004 at 06:10 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Spark plugs are on a case to case basis..depends on the applied engine really...some gain a lot...some don't.

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I bought mine near Anonas where they sell Meguiar's but as I said it was 5 years ago for P2,500. Not sure if they still do.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i'd stick to stock plugs. for 2500, you can change them regularly enough to last you 5 years din...

this way you are assured that they are in tip top operating condition also.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako din stay stock na lang and replace more often.

Ganun din ang paniniwala ko sa air filter that's why I don't use any fancy high tech intake.

At least every 5thou km, bago ang air filter ko.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Torquemaster spark plugs?