New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ano nakita ng mechanic? Alin daw ang nasira or papalitan. May presyo na so what will you pay for sa 6K?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    kaya tumitirik dahil pinapasukan din ng tubig un engine through the muffler at sa dipstick opening. tama ba ako? hehe

excuse me mga tsong. dumb question lang, anu po ang itsura ng air filter? at san part ng kotse madalas makikita yun?

my car is carb-type. ang air filter nya eh sa taas halos kadikit na ng hood. does it mean, i can submerge half-boy of my car as long as di mabasa o mapasukan ng tubig air filter ko?

thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On my cousin's former Lancer, the air cleaner is also at the top of the engine. But the point where it draws air is behind one of the headlamps.

In theory you can ford water as long as the electrics don't short out or water doesn't get through the air intake (air filter).

Water mixing in the oil is bad. But it will rarely cause you to stall. You can have the oil changed afterwards.

Water doesn't really enter the muffler. There is usually suffiient back pressure to keep water out.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Ano nakita ng mechanic? Alin daw ang nasira or papalitan. May presyo na so what will you pay for sa 6K?

i'll find out kung ano yung diagnosis ng mekaniko.. kakaalis ko lang ng bahay when he arrived, so yung kapatid ko yung nagsabi sakin kung ano sinabi nya. badtrip. come to think of it after going through the flood, medyo nag stu-stutter yung takbo ng car, but i made it home, it was shifting ok all the way until i drove in into the garage.. sana nga its just a matter of things drying out, pero baka hindi eh.. press the clutch now and you cant slot it into any gear. i'll check in the morning..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    your pressure plate is probably rusted.

also have the gear oil replaced while the tranny is down imo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I normally wouldn't recommend this, but when a similar symptom happened to my Besta after fording Espana floods up the headlamps, the next morning I started the car in gear (1st gear). So it starts (lulundag siya but just keep starting) then I gun the engine a bit. Siguro hindi na ganun kadikit yung pagka-stuck up ng clutch friction material (similar to brake pad friction material getting stuck if you leave the handbrake on after fording floods).

Bumalik na sa normal afterwards.

P.S. starting a vehicle while in gear is not very safe. This is usually a technique used in off-roading.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    your pressure plate is probably rusted.

also have the gear oil replaced while the tranny is down imo.

yun nga. hehe. there goes 6grand man, bought a new pressure plate. daaaamn!!!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    last friday napilitan ako dumaan sa flood bandang bacoor cavite using our altis. the water level is around 12inches. tanong ko lang if kailangan ba palitan yung gear/transmission oil ng altis namin? ano pa yung kailangan ko pa check to make sure na hindi magka problema tsikot namin? nasa 6k palang odo namin. nga pala, wala pa naman akong may naramdaman na kakaiba sa tsikot namin after that water fording.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Hello Sir,

Kahapon po kasi sobra lakas ng ulan napalusong po sa baha yung kotse ko sa montalban rizal d na ri n po kasi ako makabalik kasi dami rin pong kotse nakasunod sakin. Tapos po ung picanto n sinusundan ko nakakaya naman pero 3/4 n po ung tubig sa gulong. Though hindi naman po nagstop ung engine at hanggang gabi ok nmn ko ung padrive ko wala naman ako napansin n difference. Pero ano po mabuting gawin? Plan ko po sana dalhin today sa casa ng suzuki pero close daw sila pagsunday e. San ko po ba ipacheck? And ano dapat ko gawin ngayon? Thank you !

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by russd View Post
    this was what i was afraid of. last night i drove my sister's 96 lancer home through flood waters, i got home ok, but this morning ayaw na magshift yung car. it starts alright, but now upon pressing the clutch the shifter wont go into any of the gears. it just wont slot in. our mechanic says it looks bad and could cost up to P6,000! crap... what happened??
    Your transmission/transaxle and differential have breathers at the highest point of the case or housing. If they get immersed in flood, the contraction or shrinking of the parts and oil inside them creates a partial vacuum and sucks water in contaminating the gear lube.
    If the clutch disc got wet the day before and stocks between the flywheel and the pressure plate, unstuck it by cranking the engine while the transmission is in gear and parking brakes engaged. The stater should have enough torque to spin the clutch disc free

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Tirik sa baha?