New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Lapit na Holy week and usually maraming tao ang umuuwi sa mga probinsya. I am a newbie and I just had a 2nd hand 97 Civic VTEC A/T. We're planning to head down south during the holy week. I would just like to ask you for tips or reminders on what I need to prepare in my car for such long distance trips. My car was casa maintained by the owner at Honda Cars Alabang. Mileage now is 92,000 kms. Last change oil nya at check up was during 90,000 kms. So far only the timing belt was replaced nung 75,000 kms at ang shocks. Lahat periodic maintenance lang.

What do I need to check for the long drive? Ano pa ibang advice you to enjoy the trip? Thanks in advance for your replies. Sana makatulong din ito sa iba.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    check tire pressure, safe driving, make stops every 2-3hr drives, prepare some good driving music ;)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    check the condition of your tires.

and get comfortable driving shoes.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    aside from the usual (engine/tires), check mo din spare tire, jack & tire wrench.. madami nakakalimutan to, pag naflat ka, malambot pala spare tire mo.. hehe, happened to me last year on my way to baguio..

dala ka din flashlight, first-aid kit, bottled water, biscuits/snack... at ito di pwede mawala sa vehicle ko, mobile charger for my fone..

have a SAFE and HAPPY TRIP to all...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    aside from the things mentioned previously, dont forget to check all fluids and drive safely

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pare pag nasa manibela ka at nakaramdam ng pagod o antok, pahinga mo muna. ingat sa byahe!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my ritual before i go on very long drives, I do this a week before the scheduled long drive.

check all belts
    check brakes
    check the fluids and cooling system
    check my tires and wheels, including the spare tire
    bring basic tools and flashlight and duct tape for emergencies
    bring towing rope

HTH

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you'll be taking small kids during the trip, be sure they have lots of activities to do, unless you've got a DVD player in your ride. Have a safe trip

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The usual, tire pressure, fluids etc..

Have a good night sleep before driving. Have another friend who can drive to tag along. Sunglasses. Candies, instant pampagising. And Camera, photo op pag may nadaanang landmark.

Happy trip guys.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    wala na akong ma-suggest sayo sir, kasi nasabi na lahat nila, isa na lang malaking tip ko sayo. since malayo pupuntahan mo, pls. drive safety. iwasan mo ang makipag-karera specially sa bus, dahil sa mahahabang karsada, lahat sabik sa magpatakbo ng matulin. and check always sa side mirror, and dont forget to use your signal light before or after you change lane. here is the O.T. attached files papunta kaming tayug pangasinan sa san marcelino na ito, may isang barumbadong nag-overtake without signal galing sa likod ko yun, hindi napansin meron din nag-overtake galing sa harap namin na truck, so ang nag-sucrifice is yun mini-van sa front namin.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Tips for long drives