New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hey guys,

Where's the best place I can have my timing belt replaced and around how much will it cost? Its for a 1998 familia. Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some shops that came into my mind:
    1. Casa
    2. Service oriented shops
    3. Gasoline station service bays
    4. Your own garage with trusted mechanic

A timing belt kit could cost from 4,000-6,000 depending on brand and parts included.

If you opt to buy the items separated instead of timing belt kits, you'll need to change the following items (based from our parts catalogue):
    1 idler bearing
    1 tensioner bearing
    1 timing belt

HTH

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I'm also interested in having the timing belt replaced on a 98 RAV4. Would the parts come in a timing belt kit? Or would I have to buy them separately?

Also, I would tend to think that the prices of the parts would be more expensive at the dealer's or the casa. Where does one buy genuine Toyota parts? You know, like El Dorado or ATCO for Mitsubishi.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry, based from our ill-revised catalogue, there's only one listing for RAV4 (SXA#1) 3S-FE engine. which includes:
    1 tensioner unit
    1 timing belt

I think NippoDenso or Nippon Denso Parts in Banawe sells genuine Toyota parts, but not sure if they are priced cheaper than dealers.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto naman ang timing belt question. along with your tensioner and idler bearing replace your water pump as your ride is already six years old. also the oil seal of the timing gear. that is if you plan to keep your car for a year or more. hth.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Thanks for the input, Ungas and afrasay. Shall keep your advice in mind.

But what about coiter's original question: who's a good mechanic for timing belt replacement?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afrasay's cousin is a good mechanic.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ferdie's no. 360-3268 and 0920-7514323

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks for the inputs!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Had my timing belt replaced at SpeedyFix a couple of months back. Ok naman... I think they moved shop though.

timing belt