New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how can i remove the "slack" from my car's throttle cable? masyado kasi malaki ang "play" nya. which on my opinion causes the engine not to respond faster than usual. btw car is a 1997 honda city m/t

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ito sagot ko not particular sa car mo but applicable to almost all. so in other words, generic info ito ok.

all are almost the same. cable lang yan, may adjusting nut sa dulo. look at your gas pedal linkage, trace the cable. check both ends where the cable goes.
    there are 2 types:

1. dun sa dulo ng balot ng cable (not on the cable itself, on the cable guide) threaded yun at may 2 nuts. by adjusting the position of these 2 nuts on the threaded section you can adjust the play of your pedals (gas or clutch).

or

2. yun cable mismo is connected to a threaded round bar (or screw if you want to call it that). there are 2 nuts on that screw. adjsutment is same as above.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think yung example no.2 ang throttle cable ko. tried adjusting it pero nangyayari parang ang naadjust yung engine idle speed. nawawala yng play pero ang naging idle speed ay 1200 rpm.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    laruin mo lang makukuha mo din ya pards. trial and error.

Throttle cable adjustment