New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi guys! =D I posted before asking for car-buying help- I ended up getting the lancer gls. 1.6 sya pero fuel-efficient naman daw because of the cvt. (Got it Jan 31, right before the new evat, heehee)

Anyway, are there any things I should do with it? I hate it when it gets little scratches, someone suggested that I get a hard clear coat on it daw or something.

Tips? Prevention is better than cure daw.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Take care of it. Don't forget oil changes. And be happy with your new baby.

For advice about scratches, I'm sure some of the detailing addicts will be in here shortly.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    schedule a trip to bigberts. they'll give you a long term program on detailing your car.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    first, congrats!

second, get some chips/pulutan and soda/beer.

third, start reading the detailing thread to find out tons of info for your new baby. i suggest you get a cali duster, good microfiber cloth, quick detail spray, and recommended products on the threads.

last, take pics and post it here.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I've checked out the detailing threads and I'm fairly interested in the waxing stuff, except I don't know about rotaries and stuff. O_O sobrang newbie, haha. I'll probably check out bigberts on wed, wala akong class then. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    wow!!! pics pics pics please!!!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Sorry to say, but you can only do so much in preventing your car from getting scratched - it's really a crazy motoring experience in our country no matter how careful you drive. Even when parked, it can still get minor damages.

Yeah, maybe a 3-step detailing will help, but it won't make your ride immune from acts of man. If you can manage to get through a year of everyday driving without a bad stain, then some feat it will be. Good luck on your Lancer. It should be one of the best 1.6 automatic you can get.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Scratches are a given. Unless you put it in the garage and never use it. Even then, someone will inadvertently brush a cart or washing machine too close and ding! A glass case would be your best bet.

Luckily, minor scratches can be fixed easily.

Keep it clean as well. Visit the detailing thread for more details.

On the mechanical maintenance, just follow the manufacturer's recommended schedule, at least while it's on warranty.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    would be nice if you have covered parking sa bahay. i use a car cover at home -- saves me a lot of work from those cursed bird poo stains

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    it's gonna be hard to keep it scratch free and dent free. especially for a new car which is dent magnet congrats on your new purchase.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Taking care of a new car