New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Good day!

I recently got a steam cleaner as a gift. I was wondering if anyone here tried or did a steam cleaning of the engine bay?
    I saw several youtube videos on the matter but most of them were done on old engines, not on CRDIs. I was contemplating on using the steamer on my diesel Innova, particularly on the the aircon condenser and radiator since the steam wont damage the fins.

Pashare naman po ng experiences nyo.

TIA.

PS: Mods pakilipat na lang po ng appropriate forum if deemed necessary. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me, imho, it would still be risky.... steam will convert to water after condensation and it will foul up the electronics and sensors specially if done by a newbie.

engine degreaser pa din ang safest way.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think you'll be safe if you keep the nozzle moving so the steam won't condense into big drops.

There's a vid on Youtube where they used a steamer to clean a barn find Porsche. A normal carwash would introduce water into places where it might accumulate and cause rust. If they're confident enough to use it on a classic I guess your CRDi will survive it.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks sa replies.

I guess I'll be avoiding the electronics and sensors then. Meron naman hose attachments for hard to reach areas. Ingat lang talaga sa electricals.