New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    Taga paranaque po ako, sa may bicutan/better living area, cguro sa monday ikot ikot ako dito malapit sa amin, if you know any shops nearby pa advise na lang po, thanks, nahihirapan lang kasi ako tangalin yun starter kasi ang sikip nung location nya sa ilalim nung distributor...
    chris_d,
    remove the through bolts of the starter from underneath. i.e. remove the ground connection from the battery, disconnect the starter connectors, chock the rear wheels and jack up the car enough for you to access the underside.once you remove the trough bolts, it should come off outwards easily.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Thanks for the replies guys, I was actually able to remove the starter yesterday morning, it took me about an hour an a half (including rest), i removed the battery to make some room.

The repair of the starter cost me 2.4k, it took the shop about 5 minutes to check it and swap in a repaired/rewound armature, they had a lot of starters and alternators on display, the solenoid was still working. I had it fixed in better living, sa tapat ng petron, rey electrical center. narecommend yun ng trabahador namin dito sa bahay.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Buti na lang natanggal mo yung starter just by removing the battery. When I had my starter solenoid replaced, pati yung air intake assembly, tinanggal kasi masyadong masikip.

One thing I can say about the 5th Gen Accord, its not mechanic-friendly. Pati pagpalit ng fuel-filter, you have to remove a lot of parts to make room.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    medyo masikip nga, pero tinamad ako tanggalin yung air intake, hehe... ok na yung kotse, ngayon ang problema ko yung lumang ford telstar namin, may leak sa water pump! buti na lang available parts sa ford master sa banawe papagawa ko next week pati timing belt nun..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    may problema din po ako sa starter ko...just this morning when i left home nag-start pa auto ko. then when i arrived here at work derecho ako sa chronolog namin para mag-swipe in. bago ko bumaba ng auto pinatay ko muna engine.pagkatapos ko mag-swipe ini-start ko yun auto ayaw na. wala din sya tunog na nagka-crank. when you turn on the key tahimik lang sya...i just ask for the help of my co-workers para mai-push start ko ang auto ko. i needed the car to start kasi malayo pa ko sa parking lot. starter po kaya ang problema???

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jazcker View Post
    may problema din po ako sa starter ko...just this morning when i left home nag-start pa auto ko. then when i arrived here at work derecho ako sa chronolog namin para mag-swipe in. bago ko bumaba ng auto pinatay ko muna engine.pagkatapos ko mag-swipe ini-start ko yun auto ayaw na. wala din sya tunog na nagka-crank. when you turn on the key tahimik lang sya...i just ask for the help of my co-workers para mai-push start ko ang auto ko. i needed the car to start kasi malayo pa ko sa parking lot. starter po kaya ang problema???
    check your battery connections for loose grounding, broken lugs, etc...umiilaw ba ang dashboard and headlights?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mangdencio View Post
    check your battery connections for loose grounding, broken lugs, etc...umiilaw ba ang dashboard and headlights?
    i think hindi po sa battery. umaandar po ang fan e...even the aircon and the radio.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jazcker View Post
    i think hindi po sa battery. umaandar po ang fan e...even the aircon and the radio.
    check the battery cells' specific gravity
    (if it's conventional) one by one using a hydrometer (available at SM, Ace Hardware, Handyman, etc)if at least one cell's dead , that will read less than 12 v on the voltmeter which is not enough to start your battery (Cold Cranking Amperage)...if battery's ok, the starter should be brought down for bench testing the solenoid and armature assembly. check loose connections to the starter motor and / or loose mounting bolts of the starter motor.hope this helps.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    nangyari na sakin yan, ang naging problema nung sa akin ay yung wire na galing susian papunta sa starter or kung saan para ma triger ung starter. eh nag loose, in short electrical wiring ang naging problem.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    wiring nga po ang problema...
    natanggal yun wire ng solenoid...
    thanks...:chopper:
    Last edited by jazcker; May 23rd, 2007 at 09:08 AM. Reason: kulang...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
starter problem