New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Mga fellow tsikoteers, just this night on my way to the office i noticed that my speedometer wasnt working. All the other guages on my dashboard were fine ( RPM, temp, fuel ). I just want to know what could cause this. Im worried kasi i had this experience with my previous car and then di na kumarga yung battery ng kotse. Could this be an electrical problem or speedo cable lang ang kailangan palitan? By the way, i drive a 94 Galant VR V6. Are there shops near Diliman QC who can attend to my problem? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Most likely speedo cable.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Thanks sir! By the way, paano ba malalaman kung mechanical or electronic ang speedometer ng kotse?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Kung may dial or needle, mechanical. Ang electronic is kung ilaw na indicator ang nakikita mo as you accelerate or deceleate which is found in some Galant models.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Thanks sir!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When you take the instrument cluster apart and find that no cable actually goes into the back of your speedometer, then it's electronic.

A replacment electronic speed sensor is around Php4.5k.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    without taking apart the instrument panel, you may check at the transmission side if there is a black flexible cable installed, just like the one used for bicycles handbrake but thicker. If there is a cable, then you have a mechanical speedometer.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sirs,

Ask na rin ako, my speedo is not constant, whether im accelerating or deccelerating. Parang its shaking up and down (tho not violently, say mga half a centimeter upwards/downwards). My rpm is okay naman. What could be the problem? Thanks and God bless.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Same thing happened with my Civic. Nag-shake din yung needle sa speedometer. After a few days eh di na gumana speedometer ko and umiilaw na yung check engine light ko. Di ko na pina-diagnose yung cause ng malfunction dahil goodyear servitek was charging P1,950 to diagnose it. Bumili na lang ako ng speed sensor worth P2.9k.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kapag shaking yung needle, it's usually a magnet problem. The magnet that moves the needle from its resting position. Sometimes it gets old and cannot maintain constant power resulting in the speedo needle fluctuating. Haven't found a cure for it, though. Sorry.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Speedometer Problems