New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i think the galant uses a speed sensor na.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    nangyayari di ito sa akin, paminsan-minsan ay gumagalaw yung speedo needle. meron di umuugong sa loob ng instrument panel. kasabay yung ugong (parang may sumasayad) sa takbo ng sasakyan. pag binuksan ko naman window, wala ugong na galing sa labas. ano kaya ito?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Pardon me, instead of starting a new thread, I just choose to inquire on this exisitng thread. Mods, I apologize if i had a violation...

Does anyone know how to calibrate a speedometer?

Last month, I DIY'ed replacing my speedometer because its busted. I bought a surplus but only opted to take out the speedmeter module because wiring are not compatible (maybe 94 is differenent from 97 wiring? not sure).

After doing replacement, it works as it is.. but.. speed is way off... I tried test driving with other car.. other car read 60kph.. while mine.. does 100kph!...

Can anyone help me out on how to calibrate this? or is it the sensor? (Car is A/T 94 corolla - gli)

Thanks for your replies.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    I got my speedometer fixed already. It turned out to be a loose connection daw going into the speed sensor. Dinala ko lang sa car electrician and may inaayos lang siya na wire. The whole repair just cost me P150.

Thanks sa lahat ng inputs!

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    I got my speedometer fixed already. It turned out to be a loose connection daw going into the speed sensor. Dinala ko lang sa car electrician and may inaayos lang siya na wire. The whole repair just cost me P150.

Swerte mo... Actually, I encountered also the same problem. Hindi gumagana ung speedometer. Problema pala ay ung sensor mismo (found inside the engine bay). I had to replace it. It costed me 1700 plus labor sa banawe. I hope it was the price was right. Taga kasi talaga sa banawe e.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Sirs, Gud day!!!

Before I go through,I'm up here in Doha, Qatar and I'm glad I've found some stuff site like this where I can check som solutions to my toy.

Pretty hassle here specially sa'min mga pinoy d2 when dealing to mechanics which is other raise (di ka sure kung naiintidihan ka sa explaine mo about sa auto) kaya gud thing nakita ko 'to site na'to.

Sirs, related to this topic, My toy is civic '96, my speedometer runs perfectly only when the oil were still not reaching the max. temp. (this is my feeling) Once I'm running for almost 30 mins. then thats it, though I'm running 80-100kph needle still pointing only at 60 (atmost).

I'd removed and checked the apparato something which located on top of the transmission, the gear itself was still perfect. What seems to be the hassle here. Is it the thing inside the aparato or...........

Mate, thanx for the feedbax, appreciated much........cheersss!!!

i still have bunch of queries here but meantime this little bit 1st...tnx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Speedometer Problems