New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kaninang umaga lang po to...

as i was leaving the house, i already noticed the car's excessive vibration. initially i just wrote it off as symptoms of a cold start, plus the car hadn't been used for most of the week.

not long after that, i noticed that it became real sluggish, and it didn't have the usual oomph when pressing on the gas. most noticeable of all, i had a harder than usual time going uphill. since i had a similar experience not so long ago, i immediately suspected a problem with the spark plugs -- either they needed replacement, or loose connection.

the way back home was a bit scarier. pansin na pansin ko na talaga that the car was really struggling to make its way up the twisting parking ramp. so much for window shopping at v-mall...

all sorts of paranoid thoughts played in my mind: sparkplugs, sliding clutch, etc. all the way home i kept considering each possiblity, discounting each one as it popped into my head. when i finally reached home at popped open the hood, here's what i saw:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g318/badkuk/spark.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...kuk/spark2.jpg

that little red dot you see on the side of the engine was actually the reflection of the spark produced when the sparkplug wire touched the exhaust manifold. the insulation must've burned off(again), and the bare wire made contact with it.

interestingly, once i moved the wire away from the manifold, the engine ran smoothly; once binitaw, balik ung vibrations. i have a video of it, but i guess you guys already get the picture.

grabe, misadventures of badkuk talaga B) i'm planning to tie a piece of wood to that section of the wire to make sure it doesn't make contact anymore
    Last edited by badkuk; May 20th, 2006 at 03:29 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    just replace the ht wires if the electricity is jumping. that means they are damaged na.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    o yes, definitely. just making sure i can make it to the auto shop without getting fried B)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Weird. doesn't the wiring loom have clips so it won't touch anything hot? You can buy zipties at ACE after you get new high tension wires, and secure the wires so it doesn't happen again.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

sparks