New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anong okay na spark plugs para sa Honda Civic SiR? B16A engine. aside from the stock ones and the ones on the owner's manual, what others are okay? kindly give the number rin para di mahirap bumili hehe

may nagsabi ksi dati na bosch daw di masyado compatible with honda engines? yung NGK daw mas bagay? hehe thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you have money to burn, try the iridium plugs either from denso or ngk.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    iridium will always be good but since they have a self-cleaning temp, kung di masyado modified yung sasakyan mo it might foul easily.

if you're ride is stock or semi stock, i'd suggest sticking with the stock plugs. just change them everytime you change your oil to ensure they are still functioning properly

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    galing ng mga sagot ni speedyfix! Kung stock or mostly stock ang makina...K.I.S.S.

keep it stock.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung pa ng isang "S" sa K.I.S.S..... "stupid" ba iyon? hehehe :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    even an engine with stage 1 mods (no ignition mods) would perform well enough with stock plugs. Have them changed every tune up or oil change. They're cheap to replace anyway.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    agree to that... ako i was thinking the same thing, (balak ko rin magpalit ng spark plugs) stock engine ang akin (Civic 1.5 LXi), pero naisip ko baka lumakas lang sa konsumo ng gas. Kaya i-stick to stock spark plugs na lang.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    denso iridium ik16 sa vti ko before, ok yan sa SIR i think..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ghosthunter
    kung pa ng isang "S" sa K.I.S.S..... "stupid" ba iyon? hehehe

hahaha. actually, shithead yon hahaha

my Integra GS-R B18 Spec for non-honda gearhead

DC Sports 4-2-1 Header
    K&N SRI
    GReddy cat-back exhaust
    Spoon Camgears

it didnt make any power with Iridium after getting dyno-tuned. Iridium is over-rated for almost stock engine. Work with your internals, dyno tune, ignition upgrade, then lap them Iridium. Maybe, just maybe, you'll see a bit of a gain.

may nagbasa pa nga ako ng stock plugs is better kse they conduct more electricity 9copper di ba?) as opposed to Iridium using the simple DC electricity theory.

quote:
    "... I've gotten better power out of the Iridium plugs..."
    --------------------

Assuming they're both gapped properly, iridium plugs CAN'T give
    any more power than regular copper plugs. They just "spark." How MUCH they spark is a function of the gap and the coil. How
    WELL they spark is a function of their condition. It has nothing to do with copper vs. platinum vs. iridium. The exotic materials just
    last longer -- they don't erode as quickly. If it SEEMS like you're getting more power out of iridium plugs,
    it's because your old plugs were shot. ANY properly-gapped new plugs would have given you the same improvement.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    great replies guys! also, don't fall for the 4 tip or twin tip plugs. in my experience, wala masyado difference ito from stock. just keep the cheap plugs in good condition by replacing them every time you have PM performed and you will be more than happy with their performance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Spark Plugs