New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how to solve this problem? it happens everytime mahina na yun ulan, I mean from rainin hard tapos pahina na doon nag sskip :mad:, nakakbwisit na eh, I just replaced my wiper blades, thought that it could solve the problem pero ganun pa rin, does using those glass cleaner would help? than you

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    looks like time to have your glass cleaned, since you've already replaced your wiper blades. chances are that much dirt and grime has accumulated on your windshield.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You probably bought the silicon type rubber which causes wiper skips.

Imo, use ordinary rubber not the expensive silicon types. And wash those rubbers from time to time, to avaoid dust and grime build ups. Plus it helps prolong your rubbers life.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Based on previous answers related to your question, I think the best solution is for you to buy some "Strip-it" glass cleaner. Meron daw sa Concorde, look for it in a toothpaste like package.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If your windshield has accumulated too much dirt, you might need to repeat the Strip It process for upto 3-4 times with a buffer.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just a Q, won't strip it scratch your windshield, especially if used with a buffer?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Ungas
    You probably bought the silicon type rubber which causes wiper skips.

Imo, use ordinary rubber not the expensive silicon types. And wash those rubbers from time to time, to avaoid dust and grime build ups. Plus it helps prolong your rubbers life.

how would I know which is which? pareho2 lang kasi tingin ko sa mga wiper blades, thanks,

thanks will try to use the strip it cleaner

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It shouldnt cause scratches unless there is something stuck in the pad.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    bring it 2 big bert's detailing! i already brought 2 of our cars for to hav the windshields cleaned and polished. ok na sya ngayon. ganyan din yung ibang cars namin, even after changing d wiper blades, they stil skip and squeak as they wipe. bottomline, dirty windshield tlga

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by shadow
    how would I know which is which? pareho2 lang kasi tingin ko sa mga wiper blades, thanks
    I've seen some silicon rubbers with more glossy and harder blades compared to ordinary ones.
    Last edited by Ungas; July 3rd, 2003 at 09:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Skipping Wiper