New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most newer cars have safeguards against siphoning because of the rampant theft of gasoline during the fuel crisis of the 70's (especially in the U.S.). Some Ford vehicles don't even have locking gas caps (local Ford just gives them away for free unlike in the U.S. where you have to buy the cap) but they still have the anti-siphoning safeguards.

Doesn't you brother's car have a drain plug for the gas tank? Why not try draining from there. Yun nga lang, you'll also get all the dirt that's settled at the bottom of the tank.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Most newer cars have safeguards against siphoning because of the rampant theft of gasoline during the fuel crisis of the 70's (especially in the U.S.). Some Ford vehicles don't even have locking gas caps (local Ford just gives them away for free unlike in the U.S. where you have to buy the cap) but they still have the anti-siphoning safeguards.

Doesn't you brother's car have a drain plug for the gas tank? Why not try draining from there. Yun nga lang, you'll also get all the dirt that's settled at the bottom of the tank.
    At least lilinis yung tank ni brother. But before putting the gas into your car, i-filter mo muna.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3057[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AHA!!! fuel pilferage yan!!! hinge ka nalang ng gas money sa kuya mo. tutal libre pala gasolina niya.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    AHA!!! fuel pilferage yan!!! hinge ka nalang ng gas money sa kuya mo. tutal libre pala gasolina niya.
    best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    nakow! patay tayo dyan..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Most new cars nowadayas have a strainer kaya hindi uubra yung hose or yung nasa post ni StraightSix. I bought the latter, and naka-siphon ako ng konti, kasi nung nagpa-full tank ako, pinasagad ko. Pero I pumped (by hand)for about 15-20 minutes bago ako nakakuha ng mga 500 ml.

After that wala na akong makuha, at mukhang naharang na ng strainer. Laking pagod at perwisyo for about 20petot (present cost of 500ml premium gasoline).

Used siphoning hose, anyone?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Actually, yung nasa picture pang-siphon sa drum. Kung may strainer, di pala pwede kahit hose ang gamitin. Ang hirap nga naman makakuha ng libreng gasolina. Naalala ko tuloy yung nasa Friendster ... makikipag-:***:, makakuha lang ng load sa cellphone, hehe (not that I'm implying exzhoray's willing to do the same thing)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron sa supermarket, yung may red colored plastic sa dulo na pipigain mo para ma suck ang fluid. Gamit ko pag sumobra ang AT fluid.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    garden hose and a lot of practice. kahit yung puti na hose. ilagay mo muna sa container kesa diretso sa gas tank mo para mas mababa yung exit sa hose kesa sa entry. makes sense?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
siphoning device!