New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hello guys!. i would just like to ask if any of you guys know a siphoning device so that i can transfer some of the fuel from brother's car to my car. I've tried several methods trying to get some gas from my kuya's car bat all of it have failed. ive tried using a garden hose, a small diameter plasitc hose.. but ayaw pa rin..

wala po bang nabibiling pangsipsip na ganito. tnx..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hose lang yan. Well, for me at least, that's all I've ever needed.

Baka naman kailangan mo lang ng practice. Try it with buckets of water first. Set the source bucket at a position that's higher than the destination, place the hose in, tapos sipsipin mo. When you feel the water gushing in, tutok mo na dun sa mababang bucket. If you get it right, you should get a steady stream.

Ingat lang, you might end up with a mouthful of gasoline. Kadiri lasa nya. I should know.

Pero mas kadiri brake fluid.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Why would you want to take your brother's fuel?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ganito ba?
    Ingat lang at baka tsikoteer din ang kuya mo

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sir StrsightSix:

natry ko na po yan pero parang hindi pumapasok totally dun sa tanke ng corolla ng brother ko eh. masyado malalim ata

Horsepower:

my brother's well aware from what's happening he get's free gas from the nature of his job and siya na mismo nag alok kung gusto ko kumuha kaso my plan still won't materialize

Yoda:

Sir ive tried din that before.. kaso masyadong matapang amoy nang gasoline.. tsaka parang vapor lang nahihigop ko.. triny ko n rin ung small hoses used in the hospital kaso.. natutunaw naman...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yoda's right. garden hose lang katapat nyan.

have you tried siphoning into a bucket? baka naman kasi you directed the hose directly to your car's filler hole.

it would also be better if you have some extra gasoline handy. just fill up the length of the hose with gasoline, cover one end with your thumb so that the fuel won't spill out and feed the hose to the donor car. place the other end into a bucket -- bubuhos na yan.

kung talagang forever ka bibigyan ng utol mo ng gas, painstallan mo na lang gripo yung fuel tank drain plug nya!
    Last edited by diesoline; June 23rd, 2007 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diesoline View Post
    kung talagang forever ka bibigyan ng utol mo ng gas, painstallan mo na lang gripo yung fuel tank drain plug nya!
    tama! hehe good idea sir! hehe

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by diesoline View Post
    yoda's right. garden hose lang katapat nyan.

have you tried siphoning into a bucket? baka naman kasi you directed the hose directly to your car's filler hole.

it would also be better if you have some extra gasoline handy. just fill up the length of the hose with gasoline, cover one end with your thumb so that the fuel won't spill out and feed the hose to the donor car. place the other end into a bucket -- bubuhos na yan.

haha oo nga sir. pwede ka ya to? i wish i knew a shop that installs one. cge po try ko advice nyo.. kaso po the garden hose is too big..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    nababasa ba yung end ng hose pag nilagay mo sa fuel filler ng tsikot ng kuya mo? kung hindi nababasa, may strainer yun kaya hindi papasok ang hose. kung nababasa naman, kailangan mo ng siphon na nabibili sa do it yourself. meron sya bola sa dulo. ilulubog mo lang sa source tapos shake ka lang hanggang mag flow na gas. kung may strainer nga ang source, drain plug at malaking basin ang kailangan mo. hth

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hindi ba kaya na enroll nalang yung car mo mismo as his backup car/coding car? para at least you wont have to go through the hassle of siphoning the fuel. deretso na agad sa car mo. You could also talk to the station attendant na dun kayo lagi magpapa gas and in return 2 car ang kakargahan niya. If all else fails, ask your friendly neighborhood casa technician.. expert sila dyan sa pag siphon ng fuel sa mga cars na nagpapa service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
siphoning device!