New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is there any maintenance procedure for servo kits? balita ko medyo sirain yun ganyan ng mitsu. was jus curious if there is a proper way of maintaining the servo. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regular cleaning lang siguro.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, ang nasisira dun sa servo ay yung gears dun sa loob. IMO, you can't clean the gears unless you disassemble the whole servo, which is a delicate procedure becuase it takes a computer to calibrate the servo.

palagay ko disposable yung servo. Some shops in banawe sell servo repair kits but I had mine totally replaced sa casa. Mga 10k din yun including the labor.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    quindoyos,

tama ka, but you can still clean them.

AFAIK, sa mga Lancer Itlogs, ganyan klase ng servo (gear type?) ang sa kanila. Sa mga Lancer Pizza, it's magnetic type (if that's the correct term).

Kasi nung nilinisan namin yung throttle body ng Lancer Pizza ko, binuksan pati servo and I didn't found any gears inside.

I also know a lot of Lancer Itlog owners who reaplce the gears in their servo pero di naman pina-calibrate and it worked fine.

My 2 cents lang po. Correct me if I'm wrong.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba ang purpose ng servo?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first off, I'm not a mechanic.

Isn't it that servos are the ones sending the signal that regulate the engine speed when it is in idle?

Please educate me

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir artpogi::: tama ka rin. :D
    i had my servo assembly replaced at the casa because the gears looked delicate and upon advise of my father, have it calibrated.
    I believe that if the servo kit is properly installed, it woudn't need cleaning because the gears on the servo are inside and aren't exposed to the elements. But then again sir, it's just me.

Right again sir, the servo controls the engine when idle. so you would know that the servo needs replacement when your idling is erratic.

servo kit