New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Is it relatively more expensive to maintain Hondas?

Naririnig ko lang kc palagi na hondas, while they do last very long, e medyo me kamahalan kung ipapagawa mo -- in terms of labor(mahirap daw ibaba ung makina), parts(very few replacement parts), etc.

Please do note na puro hearsay lang ito..i would appreciate inputs from actual, living breathing honda owners B).

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i used to own a 96 civic vti and yeah it is expensive especially if you buy parts from the stealer este dealer..alternative replacements are ok na like 555 etc. a good example is i bought the axle boots from an autoshop only for P300 while the casa is selling it for P800 same brand w/c is 555. hth

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    alam mo tama ka. mahal ng mga parts, aside from the labor. kasama yata sa marketing strategy nila. although yung honda namin e, alaga, kami na lang din ang nagme-maintain. mahal ipagawa sa kasa, except na lang kung mga major tune-up talaga. ok naman yung honda, parang bago pa rin ang performance nung makina. ang problema lang sa honda e yung mga underchasis parts, madaling masira. lalo't pag tag-ulan naku 80% chances na mawala sa alignment yung steering mo. pero other than that wala naman masyadong problema. of course, meron din mga minor nga lang like yung aircon, yung radiator leaks. etc.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    oh yeah 1 tym nasira kc ung plastic screws that were holding the front grill in place and i went to honda casa to buy replacements, and i was shocked at the price, P100.00 for EACH plastic screw needless to say i left without buying even one. whatta bunch of ripoffs...harap harapang hold-up hehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    nope, hondas aren't expensive to maintain. actually some of their parts (like shocks) are cheaper than mitsubishis.

i still think the cheapest cars to maintain are toyotas pero still, honda fanatic parin ako.

there's just so much you can do with them na mawiwili ka talaga sa kakaisip. hehe!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mahal nga ang mga parts kung sa casa ka lagi bibili at magpapagawa, harang ang presyo pag sa casa, kahit yung mga toyota rin naman pag sa casa ka bumili ng piyesa ay medyo mahal din

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Long time ago in the Kotse.com forums, a Merc owner who also
    owns a Honda categorically said that Honds parts are more
    expensive than the Merc's...Don't know if that's true..
    Honda's a nice car (am an owner) but its after sales service
    are either idiotic or downright criminal (holduppers/profiteers)
    or both!! Just where do they get those really dumb technicians
    and service advisors that they have in the Honda casas?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang problem sa honda kokonti ang pagpipilian mong tatak ng piyesa, kaya ayun! pagkakataon na ng mga dealers na mahalan ang presyo ng piyesa!! plus itinatatak pa nila sa utak ng tao na sa CASA lang may piyesa.

And honda dealers sucks!
    hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    what I do is I source out the parts for my crv outside and have it done outside also. Casa parts and service are really very costly.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    even for the city ba? this is supposed to be the average juan's car kc...e kung casa rin pala bagsak mo.....holdap!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Servicing / Maintenance of Honda Cars