New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by racerx
    hi ungas
    was thinking of bringing my 17 yr old daughter coz the sammy is for her na. she's still learning how to drive pa nga eh...
    Offroad driving is different from all aspects when compared to city driving. Baka lalo syang malito pagdating sa mga traction usage. But it would also help her when to use the 4WD.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    that's how I learned before
    wide open space with nothing to hit
    at least the rudiments man lang before driving in traffic

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There's a wide river bank just below the training center she can learn to drive there. Might as well team up father and daughter and bring that Patrol!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    thanks ungas, you made up my mind for me. the patrol nalang muna kami para I can lubricate the hubs for this month na rin. ok ba Toyo Tranpath for trailing? medyo aggressive looking naman ang tread pattern kasi sa samurai Yoko y826 super diggers mukhang mas kaya

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any tire will do, but HT patterns will have to take the trail a little more careful. AT is best suited with the dry trails. Be sure the reserve tire is inflated at 50psi. Reducing air at trail is easier than pumping air in.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    going back to racerx question, will a 235 x 75 x r15, fit a samurai without lifting it?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bogart:::If that's equivalent or close to a 30x9.5x15, no. It wouldn't even fit through the front fender.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    remember the Orange Suzuki from PORCI last august 09, offroad clinic here?
    it runs on 31" tires, leaf-over-axle..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    we had a cj7 in hs with a spoa setup and it had very light steering when it was loaded. it was so bad that I flipped it on its side on the highway to Nasugbu after Batulao. very lucky no was was killed. was very good offroad but a dangerous monther on the highway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
samurai rim sizing q's??