The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    greetings all

our stock suspension '92 samurai is fitted w/ 27-8.5x14 tires
    on 5x14 rims
    what is the pcd of the samurai?
    what 15" size tire and rim combo will fit the samurai?
    why did pilhino oem this tire/rim combo size?
    hope someone's got the answers pls thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afrasay changed his rims to 15x7 ROH brand mated with 30x9.5R15 rubbers. Though you will have to adjust the shackles a little longer to accomodate larger tires.

With 1300cc engine and vehicle built for hauling duties, they have to place smaller tires so that engine power is sufficient when loaded.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    wow Ungas those are big and wide tires
    do I have to change my suspension in order to fit 235s?
    the only offroading I did was when the road to Tali beach was still dry riverbed and occasionally around the Nasugbu area
    Last edited by racerx; March 23rd, 2004 at 06:32 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To be safe, a couple of inch lift so that bigger tires will not rub any fenders. There are abundant source of extra length shackles available. Two inch longer than stock will do. If you plan to take it on offroad trails, might as well change the shock absorbers that has extra room for suspension strokes.

OT:
    If you really want to do offroad trails check out this link:
    - Another Offroad Clinic
    Last edited by Ungas; March 23rd, 2004 at 07:45 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    wow I wanna go. kid friendly ba?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Err. what do you mean the trail or the people involved?

There will be two groups, one class for beginners where they will tackle the basic know-how of 4 wheeling and the other class will learn more on recovery techniques.

Btw, all attendees will have to drive their 4WD inrespect of their class.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    racerx::: 6 inch width lang x 15 inch ang rim ko, although pede ang 7 inch but... lalabas ng husto ang tires mo. Mine already is peeking out the fender flares. I'm right now using 7 inch shackles (horns coming out under the front bumper) although I have this funny steering feel. I guess this is because of the thickness of the shackles. I would suggest body lift (2") to keep your steering components intact and boomerang shackles about 4 inch. medyo makapal itong shackles na ito (saw it kay Jolet Jao) which could solve the funny steering feel. I'm on yokohama geolandars 30x9.5x15 with 24 psi.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    hi ungas
    was thinking of bringing my 17 yr old daughter coz the sammy is for her na. she's still learning how to drive pa nga eh.

hello afrasay
    does that make your samurai a hard-core mudplugger or is it still hiway friendly? she will be using it for school primarily

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No, but I'll make it look bigger than the stock version. Yup, still is highway friendly although I think a 2 inch body lift and shortening of the shackle would bring back the stock suspension play. We have Samurai gurus here...

Calling Wolverine wollfff, wolfff woofflll

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    thanks afrasay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
samurai rim sizing q's??