New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    This is weird, I have a 1993 Black 4D civic which is part in the garage all the time, day and night! it hardly ever gets rained on.... and it only has 55,000 kms mileage....

Just a few months ago i noticed 2 small bubbles on the roof, i didnt mind it...now 3-4 months later there are dozens of small bubbles and when i popped 1 there was RUST inside!

what i dont understand is we another identical Civic bought in 1994 (also 1st owner) but this one is grey....but it has ZERO rust bubbles!!

we even have a 1990 corrolla which is Parked OUTSIDE the garage exposed to rain and sun and it has ZERO rust bubbles...

why is my Civic rusting on top? is it because it is BLACK? it is still the original paint (same case as with our other 94 Civic and 90 Corrolla.)

again the car usually just stays home, it is parked on the average of only 1 day a week at most outside the garage therefore exposed to direct sublight only once a week....is the black color causing too much heat therefore causing only our black car to rust?

hope someone can give me their opinions..

thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    This seems to be common to most 92-95 Civics. It may just be some time for your 94 to start showing bubbles as well. From what I've seen, these bubbles start showing when the civic hits anywhere from 9-13yrs. So not so bad, keeping your 93 garaged seemed to minimize it appearing earlier. One way to prevent/minimize is to wipe your roof dry as soon as you arrive after driving in the rain.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    maraming cases na ganyan(lucky di kasama sakin dun). sa backfender near the end of the bumper nagkaron na sakin.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    oras na magpahilamos..

Better have it repained ASAP, if not it will spread.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    very very common for that generation of civic, try searching sa forum, im pretty sure may nagpost na dati... this might help as well..

Kotse.com thread

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... very very common... and it really is time for a repaint.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes...as they said. sakit na ng 92-95 civic yang kalawang sa bubong. check mo rin, yung kalawang nanggagaling sa brackets UNDER the roof hindi sa ibabaw kaya kahit repaint mo yan... lalabas ulit kaya pa check mo yung ceiling nung oto.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i had the similar problem with my civic. yung adhesive daw na ginamit sa frame ang dahilan....

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i think not only to civics but to others cars with the same age as well.. My galant have bubbles at the back fender so suggestion was to repaint. What they will do is to replace the rusted portion with another metal then repaint. But it will be a good advice na ipahilamos, to have an undercoating at least at para macheck na rin kung may iba pang leaks or butas na pwede pasukin ng tubig that might cause future rust problems

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Rust bubbles on my Civic's rooftop! - Help!