New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    look for tiny bubbles by the trunk too. the roof and trunk are where it normally starts.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    don't panic....it can be fixed. but make sure they do it right. strip to metal, and if a part is rusted through, replace the panel. it might be expensive, but it's the only way to keep it from recurring.

are you the only owner of the car? maybe a prior owner had it repainted and the latero did a shitty job...

rust on a 13 year old car is not uncommon, but could also be a sign of neglect. like you said, you have other cars the same age and they have no rust. the fact that it is black has nothing to do with the problem.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Thank you for your replies guys!

it gives me a much better understanding now. i am happy to know that it is common for this particular year model....that SUCKS!!

yes i am the first owner and will have to admit that this car was really well protected from the elements but i guess there is nothing you can do when the factory does an average job in building the car body....

too bad i was impressed with everything else about my "durable" car, (shocks, exhaust, electricals, underchassis etc), turns out the body was shitty!!, really disappointing since our 1990 corrolla and 1989 lancers body even lasted longer (didnt rust) compared to my 1993 civic

thanks again!
    cheers!!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    yup..that is the sickness of civic..my 94 civic had the same problem...had repaint done and was fixed, but after a few months, it started again.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sabi mostly fiberglass patch or roofcut ang solution. Sa fiberglass + paint san shop ba subok na sa ganito?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    problem talaga yan ng mga civics simula sa hatch hangang sa eg model... plait na bubong with sunroof.. hehehe kidding!... kelangan magaling un titira kasi pag hidne marunong babalik lang din ulit yan...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    San shop yan magaling? at alam yung prob? bka meron me alam refer naman.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp
    Sabi mostly fiberglass patch or roofcut ang solution. Sa fiberglass + paint san shop ba subok na sa ganito?
    IMO a metal patch would still be best, because its more solid than fiberglass since it'll be welded. Try searching for Zinggoy here in tsikot

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Parang pimple, repaint na po yan, baka po lumala.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    IMO a metal patch would still be best, because its more solid than fiberglass since it'll be welded. Try searching for Zinggoy here in tsikot
    yes another sol'n nga yun metal patch kaso sabi sa HCP d recommended... forgot y...

Btw, Zinggoy ba meron na finished job on EG rust prob.?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Rust bubbles on my Civic's rooftop! - Help!