New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi Guys, really need your help. Nagkakaleak during malakas na ulan ung roof ko and i don't know saan nangagaling. Dati wala naman to bigla lang nagkaron. It's so annoying.

I've checked sa windshield, sa antenna pero hindi dun ang source.

Can anybody recommend where I can have this checked and fixed? Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Akala ko roof ng bahay, sasakyan pala.

Where exactly siya nagleleak?

What car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Ford Focus and ngle leak siya sa map lights lang. binuksan ko na, hinanap pero wala padin di ko ma trace.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Hi Guys, really need your help. Nagkakaleak during malakas na ulan ung roof ko and i don't know saan nangagaling. Dati wala naman to bigla lang nagkaron. It's so annoying.
    Taking a stab at it.

Your sunroof drains may be clogged.

See here: Water leak ?? How to test and unclog sunroof drains W/PICS - MBWorld.org Forums

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    My focus doesn't have a sunroof. It's the TDCi model. Wala naman ibang butas or anything mounted on the roof for water to pass.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    wala rin ba antenna? sa mini cooper sa antenna yung problem e.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    My focus doesn't have a sunroof.
    Hot damn!

Now that IS a problem.

If there's nothing mounted (or drilled) on the roof, your likely culprit may be the windshield weather stripping. Water may slowly dribble in from there and creep to the lowest possible area. Remember that all it takes is a small hole (or crack) for water to come thru.

Try hosing (gentle flow) down your windshield area and see what happens.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    If you have visited shops that jack the car up from one corner instead of front or rear center , chances are that the butyl tape used to install and seal the windshield against the body has delaminated or peeled off causing a gap and leak

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Hot damn!

Now that IS a problem.

If there's nothing mounted (or drilled) on the roof, your likely culprit may be the windshield weather stripping. Water may slowly dribble in from there and creep to the lowest possible area. Remember that all it takes is a small hole (or crack) for water to come thru.

Try hosing (gentle flow) down your windshield area and see what happens.
    I do think that it's the windshield that is causing it. Months before, i did not have this problem, but the car is most of the time parked in an open parking. Before, it only happened once and kahit anong lakas ng ulan, walag leak, now, nagkakaleak everytime malakas ang ulan or matagal ang ulan.

I'll probably have to bring it to Aguila glass to have it resealed siguro.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    If you have visited shops that jack the car up from one corner instead of front or rear center , chances are that the butyl tape used to install and seal the windshield against the body has delaminated or peeled off causing a gap and leak

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph
    Hmm, i'm pretty sure i havent but nonetheless, i'll have it checked and ill try to hose it with water too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast