New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    guys, tanong ko lang paano ko maipatataas yung ride height ng '94 lancer glxi. although hindi naman sumasayad sa likod, bagsak siya tingnan kapag puno (3 passengers). ano dapat ko baguhin? springs? shocks? mayroon bang longer or taller springs?

thanks in advance. :confused:

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    malamang di na kaya ng shocks mo. kapag masyado sya umuupo kapag fully loaded, this means that it's likely your shocks are busted.

the cheapest way to increase the height of the car is to install spring lifters. in this case tho mataas lagi yung auto mo which may cause it to look weird.

check your shocks muna kung ok pa. kung hindi, you can experiment with the lifters since they aren't that expensive naman

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    agree with Speedy!

Pero malamang yan, busted shocks, suggest a gas-type for the rear.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by speedyfix
    malamang di na kaya ng shocks mo. kapag masyado sya umuupo kapag fully loaded, this means that it's likely your shocks are busted.
    depends on the car model. Example: brand new Toyota Corolla AE111 tends to ride with its rear pretty low when there is two to three people sitting at the back seat.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by artpogi
    agree with Speedy!

Pero malamang yan, busted shocks, suggest a gas-type for the rear.
    What are good gas type shocks for cars guys? How much kaya?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Originally posted by artpogi
    suggest a gas-type for the rear.
    I have been told that gas-type shocks are more durable. On the other hand, my experience with them was, or rather is, not exactly ideal. A few years ago, I had to change shocks for my 95 Lancer EL. I replaced the original with KYB gas-type, kasi nga mas matibay ang gas. However, I have discovered that the ride is certainly rougher than the original fluid OEM. I actually miss the smoothness of the original. Madalas nga tanungin ko sa sarili ko kung kailan masisira 'yung KYB, para mapalitan ko na ulit ng fluid type. Pero, 'yon nga, matibay siya. Ayaw masira. I don't want naman to have to shell out some more dough to replace the KYB if they still don't need replacement. Just got too many bills to pay.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    kyb is always a reliable brand to go with. madami pa suppliers pero try to get them somewhere na kilala mo yung mayari para you are sure orig yung makuha mo. mahirap na since dami na nakakalat na fake

ride height