New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    for those na hindi power windows,
    any tips on how to remove the window knobs? minsan kasi parang ma pwersa pag tinatangal yong wire clip that holds the knob to the door. minsan naman tumatalsik yong wire and ang hirap hanapin.

also kng me tip din kyo kng pano madali ibalik yong knob

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwsvicUZ9s4"]YouTube- Auto Repair : How to Remove Window Cranks on Cars[/ame]

With practice, a flat screwdriver is all you need to remove the clip. To re-install, you just pop it in.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    try using thin rags slid from the crank handle side while holding the two ends of the rag stretched. the rag even holds the clip from flying
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; April 4th, 2010 at 09:27 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    YouTube- Auto Repair : How to Remove Window Cranks on Cars

With practice, a flat screwdriver is all you need to remove the clip. To re-install, you just pop it in.
    when you say flat screwdriver, i insert in the crank/clip and then twist until the knob comes out? di kya mabali?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by african888 View Post
    when you say flat screwdriver, i insert in the crank/clip and then twist until the knob comes out? di kya mabali?
    No. Use it to push the clip out of its slot. Cup your other hand around the other side of the crank to catch the clip and prevent it from getting lost.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    thanks for the replies

Removing window knobs