New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by junnquinto2006 View Post
    where can i buy white lithium grease?
    white lithium grease used to be on sale at diy outlets. in the P350 up range afair.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WD40 is not really a great lubricant. WD stands for water dispersant. It's specialty is dispersing water, not really lubricating. But if you don't mind regularly spraying it on, it'll work.

For door hinges, grease still works the best. A thin film is usually enough. Some people are a bit overkill and put a whole blob of grease on the hinge. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    just a thought...

may nabasa ako somewhere sa mga threads dito that a Tsikoteer applied used synthetic engine oil to lubricate the hinges on his garage gate. come rain or shine, effective daw.

kaya when we have our 10T KM PMS by next month ay ipinagdadala ko ng container si misis para makakuha ng used synthetic oil when the casa changes the engine oil. then as an experiment, we'll try to apply this around the house, in small amounts, to the hinges ng steel casement windows, house door hinges, hinges ng gates, bike wheels and bearings, etc. tingnan natin kung effective nga. kailangan din i filter muna yung oil through the use of old cotton clothes para mawala yung mga ribaba (metal bits), if meron.

mas maganda din kung may unused synthetic engine oil para huwag nang i filter. i'll tell my wifey na hingin also yung sobra, kung meron.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post
    just a thought...

may nabasa ako somewhere sa mga threads dito that a Tsikoteer applied used synthetic engine oil to lubricate the hinges on his garage gate. come rain or shine, effective daw.

kaya when we have our 10T KM PMS by next month ay ipinagdadala ko ng container si misis para makakuha ng used synthetic oil when the casa changes the engine oil. then as an experiment, we'll try to apply this around the house, in small amounts, to the hinges ng steel casement windows, house door hinges, hinges ng gates, bike wheels and bearings, etc. tingnan natin kung effective nga. kailangan din i filter muna yung oil through the use of old cotton clothes para mawala yung mga ribaba (metal bits), if meron.

mas maganda din kung may unused synthetic engine oil para huwag nang i filter. i'll tell my wifey na hingin also yung sobra, kung meron.
    effective nga, yan ginagamit ko sa kadena, bearing ng bike ko kahit maulanan/mapaliguan ayos pa rin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
recommended grease/lubricant for door hinges