New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hello po fellow Tsikoteers!

Do you strictly follow the time of change oils and tune-ups for your cars like the first 1000kms and the next 5000kms etc.?

What are the possible pro's and con's if you follow and not follow the time for the change oil and tune-ups?

Dati kase pag brand new ang kotse hindi naman pinababalik for the first 1000kms. Ngayon lagi na inaadvise ng casa ibalik ang car for the first 1000kms.

Mas mabuti ba na ibalik ang kotse for the first 1000kms. rather than for the first 5000kms.?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I think it depends on your car. Some cars don't need the initial 1000 km oil change.

Kung delayed ka by a few hundred kilometers okey lang siguro. Pero kung nasa manual mo na kailangan talaga yung initial 1000 km change, sundin mo na to the letter. That's supposed to remove any excess metal bits and pieces from the initial wearing of the engine's internals.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Ako d ako masyado particular sa oil change, kung kelan ako hindi busy saka ko ginagawa. Siguro between 5k and 15k kms. That is just the way i do it.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yeah anything between 5k to 10k would be fine. 5k if you're a little bit too precautious, and if you use the car a lot every week and usually travel long distances. The only "con" thing probably is spending for the oil and labor. :D

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I did follow the 1,000 and 5000 kms oil change / PMS for them not to void my warranty. But on the 10,000th I didn’t. why? because the labor cost on the 15,000 kms PMS is no longer free and their policy of "off limits" is not in the best of my interest. (my thought still win that they can do magic on the 10K that could give problems in the next hundred kms sorry)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I do. The Hyundai dealership I bought my 06 Sonata from wouldn't stop sending me mail saying it's time for an oil change/tuneup until I brought my car in.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    For the first 1,000 and 5,000 km. oil changes, I was prompt. Yung mga later oil changes and PMS, medyo lumalampas ng konti, mga 100-200 kms., depende kasi sa budget at hand.

The most I got delayed was by 700 kms.; kahapon lang ako nakapagpa-oil change at 75,700kms. My last oil change was at 65,530kms. where I used fully synthetic oil. Nagpalit lang ako ng oil filter at 70,500kms. I figured na unahin ko na yung oil change yesterday since wala pang time magpa-tune up.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; January 21st, 2008 at 12:08 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I follow the 5K change oil... sometimes i get delayed by around 1,000kms or so (due to time constraints and budget scheduling) but nevertheless, we still make it a point to service our cars regularly. In return, we get many years of reliability, no sludge problems, no timing chain problems/noise/clatter and the comment i get from people is that my engine seems run smoother when compared to similar vehicles (on my Frontier for example, passengers used to think it was gasoline powered).

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I usually change my oil every 7,500 kms (Castrol Magnatec), or every 9 months, whichever comes first.

I don't race naman kasi, and never abuse the engine, so I think its justified. Also, tipid mode muna, daming gastusin eh.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I do. The Hyundai dealership I bought my 06 Sonata from wouldn't stop sending me mail saying it's time for an oil change/tuneup until I brought my car in.
    Talk about concerned. Hehehe. :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Re: Time for Change Oils & Tune-Ups