New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    I usually change my oil every 7,500 kms (Castrol Magnatec), or every 9 months, whichever comes first.

I don't race naman kasi, and never abuse the engine, so I think its justified. Also, tipid mode muna, daming gastusin eh.
    It's not really on how hard (or not) you drive your car but rather more on how stressful the road conditions you go thorugh everyday (light traffic, easy highway driving vs. traffic and lots of short trips). If you do a lot of easy, highway driving with minimized short trips then it's safe to go beyond the normal change oil routine.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i usually follow the 5k reading or its equivalent in months for the change oil and tune up.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    What are the possible pro's and con's if you follow and not follow the time for the change oil and tune-ups?

Heto na lang.

I heard of an apocryphal story involving an "E46"-chassis BMW M3. For the uninitiated, this is a high-revving sport coupe that came out around 1998-2005. According to the story, the American owner kept thrashing the car and making use of its potential. Later on, he loudly complained that his M3 wasn't making power and ran horribly.

The arrogant owner didn't realize the engine's oil had to be replaced regularly. If I remember correctly the poor engine had endured more than 30,000 MILES of torturous use. That's 48,280 KILOMETERS without an oil change!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    [/b]Heto na lang.

I heard of an apocryphal story involving an "E46"-chassis BMW M3. For the uninitiated, this is a high-revving sport coupe that came out around 1998-2005. According to the story, the American owner kept thrashing the car and making use of its potential. Later on, he loudly complained that his M3 wasn't making power and ran horribly.

The arrogant owner didn't realize the engine's oil had to be replaced regularly. If I remember correctly the poor engine had endured more than 30,000 MILES of torturous use. That's 48,280 KILOMETERS without an oil change!
    [/color]
    Maraming ganyan gamit lang ng gamit. kahit dalawang wheels na lang gumagana na brake banat pa rin. dami ako kamag anak na ganyan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sa Toyota, 1K 5K, 10K,...... ang change oil. Libre ang labor sa 1K and 5K. Every 5K or 3 months which ever comes first.

Iyong Honda Jazz ng friend ko, first change oil niya was 10K, sa 20K na ang kasunod. Sa simula pa lang naka synthetic oil na. BTW, walang change oil filter in between. Sa Toyota kasi, 3 months or 5,000 Km lang ang life ng oil filter and mineral oils.

Sa Toyota, puwede kang gumamit ng Synthetic mula sa kanila, every 10K ang palit, pero every 5K pa rin ang palit ng oil.

Ako, sa 1K and 5K mineral oil lang, pero sa 10K, synthetic na ang iponakarga ko.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Ako naman i do the 1K, 5K, oil change sa casa then after that I'll change it on my own. I average about 7.5 to 10k a year in mileage so doing an oil change once a year is good for me.

For you folks that doesn't have the time, I think you will be better off going to shops you feel comfortable with at servicing your car.

For the thread starter:

better to follow the dealer's recommendations.

PROs: Changing your oil regularly (with a good one) and regular tune ups gives you peace of mind from untimely engine breakdowns / repairs.

+ Less pollution to the environment, better Fuel mileage (due to smooth running engine) and more comfortable driving (No unnecessary engine noise and vibration)

CONs: Sludge problem and the opposite of my +s..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Re: Time for Change Oils & Tune-Ups