New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    They're good enough for basic DIY at home.

that's exactly what i was thinking when i got my 12v drill LOL. so it's now just sitting here not getting used at all (i might just donate it to someone) i'm just trying to spare you the disappointment hehe

you'll quickly realize the limitations when you start using it. then you'll want to be able to drill into concrete to hang stuff on the walls, etc. so i recommend you go straight to an 18v hammer drill. doesn't have to be brushless

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    that's exactly what i was thinking when i got my 12v drill LOL. so it's now just sitting here not getting used at all (i might just donate it to someone) i'm just trying to spare you the disappointment hehe

you'll quickly realize the limitations when you start using it. then you'll want to be able to drill into concrete to hang stuff on the walls, etc. so i recommend you go straight to an 18v hammer drill. doesn't have to be brushless
    Thank you. But we have different use cases. I just need the cordless ones for light duty work, which I do a lot in my hobby workshop.

For the rare occasions where I need to drill through solid metal or concrete, I still have the corded ones.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Okay yan kesa sa mga class A branded though De Walt and Stanley gamit kong iba (Impact drill, angle grinder) img_20210511_182216_596-02.jpg

Sent from my BL6000Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Attachment 38660

you might be disappointed 12v drills run slow.

btw just got this drill a few days ago. brushless. spins at 2100 rpm
    Fast is not always when it comes to drill jobs.

Different RPMs for different materials.

I use slower speed (when using my cordless) or plug innto 120V my corded drill when drilling metal.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Fast is not always when it comes to drill jobs.

Different RPMs for different materials.

I use slower speed (when using my cordless) or plug innto 120V my corded drill when drilling metal.

then use the variable-speed trigger and 2 speed gearbox

you can make a fast drill spin slow, but you can't make a slow drill spin fast LOL

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014

recent tool purchases

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    wow.. powah tools.. hehe nice din yan ryobi impact wrench.. (part na din ng hobby ng tool collection.. hehehe) but mas preferred ko yung ozito brushless impact.. mas malakas and no sparks..

medyo nag aamoy sunog yan due to its brushed motor.. hehe

next mo naman yung cordless ratchet.. ok din gamitin..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    ah the brushed vs brushless debate on CORDLESS TOOLS. in most cases brushed tools are fine for the average hobbyist. they're cheaper and more reliable.

w/ the stuff i do i only need 2 tools to be brushless: 1) drill. brushed drills spin too slow. and 2) vacuum. brushed vacs just aren't powerful enough

but for stuff like cordless recip saws i usually overheat the blade before i get to the brushed tool's power limits. same w/ my cordless jigsaw, circular saw, oscillating, etc

as for this brushed impact wrench it's already more than capable of loosening 100 lbs-ft lug nuts. i don't really wanna pay more for the brushless version

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013

recent tool purchases
    That Ryobi impact wrence is enough for automobile repairs? or better get the pneumatic type?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    That Ryobi impact wrence is enough for automobile repairs? or better get the pneumatic type?

apparently it's strong enough to remove spindle nut from a compact car. that's good enough for me. i'll do mostly lug nuts

as for pneumatic there are weak ones as well. mine's a cheapo (P1500). the ryobi is probably a bit more powerful.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast